PR1.2 Nokia N9 update screenshots and changelog. App folders, video call and much more!

| January 11, 2012 | 84 Replies

It was late November when we last saw some PR1.2 screenshots. Here are some more! I think they got the firmware update from Navifirm? (which some folks have said has some new N8 updates? I’ve not looked into that as I’m supposed to be revising and don’t have time to check around. I really shouldn’t be writing this up, ha). The screenshots come from tamerbatar from TMO.

Finally you guys can make use of the front facing camera. Yes video calls are coming. The camera improvements talked about in the last screenshot leak is confirmed as well as many more stuff.

Check out those folders. It has been a Nokia thing having folders. I know the implementation would now resemble iPhone by showing the little mini icons, but do remember, Nokia’s always had folders. I hope organising them is much simpler than Symbian.

We’ve also got some in browser copypaste goodness. It’s a little more Nokia Windows phone like with those brackets. This time it works in browser. I like the way N9 does copy highlighting but it’s more precise to have brackets.

Source: talk.maemo.org

Thanks Jens, Morpog, Ermik  and Anssi for the tip!

Category: Maemo, MeeGo, Nokia

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Des nouvelles de la PR1.2 pour le Nokia N9 ! « Nokians – La parole aux fans de Nokia ! | January 11, 2012
  2. Nokia N9 PR1.2 Update Screenshots and Changelog – Video Calling, App Folder & more! - SymbianTweet | January 12, 2012
  3. PR1.2 update spotted on Nokia N9, to bring video calls and folders | January 12, 2012
  4.   PR1.2 update spotted on Nokia N9, to bring video calls and folders|GusTinZ Blog | January 12, 2012
  5. El Nokia N9 con MeeGo se actualiza con nuevas funciones | MeeGo | January 12, 2012
  6. Nokia sigue actualizando MeeGo, para el Nokia N9 | Blog Enfundate | January 13, 2012
  7. Evolucion Mac Club Tampico » Nokia sigue actualizando MeeGo, para el Nokia N9 | January 13, 2012
  8. Avvistato l’aggiornamento PR1.2 di MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan con diverse novità - StyleTechBlog- StyleTechBlog | January 13, 2012
  9. Nokia no se olvida de MeeGo y el N9 | CualCelu.com | January 13, 2012
  10. El Nokia N9 será actualizado con una próxima versión de MeeGo | January 13, 2012
  11. Nokia N9 - Page 24 | January 14, 2012
  12. Nokia N9 MeeGo update previewed: Video calls, iOS-style folders | Nokia | VIP Cellulaire | January 15, 2012
  13. PR1.2 update spotted on Nokia N9, to bring video calls and folders | mobilereviewssite.com | January 15, 2012
  14. PR1.2 update coming to Nokia N9 | January 16, 2012
  15. Aufgefrischtes N9-MeeGo geht in die Beta-Phase | virtualfiles.net | January 19, 2012
  16. Nokia N9 64GB Unlocked GSM Smartphone – International Version – Black | NewPremiumGifts.com | August 8, 2012
  17. LQJHF » Obtain the very best bargain online with the aid of price cut voucher code | May 25, 2014
  1. hosny santos says:

this is biiiiggg, why nokia don´t make like sammy two good OS WP, and Symbian or Maemo and goes on whithout depence off MS what is with its own interesting,and dont in nokia future

2. Ergonpandilus says:

NICE!

I’m eagerly waiting some fixes too!

3. Pretty fun to see the nickname of the guy that published the screenshots copy/pasted in your post, the guy is coming from France and it’s nick is “tamerbatar” which basically means : Your mother is a b*tch bastard. Classy!

4. LINES says:

Nice, nice, nice! N9 is the best! :)

5. shkil says:

where i can get pr1.2 from my nokia n9. pleas reply

6. shkil says:

I CHECKED BUT DID NOT FOUND IT. PLEASE ADVICE FROM WHERE I CAN UPDATE PR1.1 TO PR1.2 FOR MY NOKIA N9

7. juha says:

N9 is the best smartphone on the market atm. Imagine it with more apps avlbl, although i personally do NOT require tens of apps on my phone, to time to use them anyway.

… and ive owned an iphone and an SGS. will buy a second N9, just because i wanna have that white one also.

Thanks Nokia. Keep N9/meego alive!

8. Himmy says:

I like a good camera phone. I recently bought a Nokia N9 and it takes good pictures, but the touch screen is not so responsive and malfunctions twice within six weeks after I bought a new N9. Both instances the screen freezes. I took it to Nokia to repair and the technician advised that he will upgrade the software. The second instance I requested that Nokia replaced the phone, but they declined. Still the problem persists. The N9 is a problem phone. I will never buy a Nokia again.

9. Arun says:

th update is out nw!!!

10. Ismail Sahil says:

from where should i get the update its not available on OTA or from Nokia software updater ?

please help

11. jack says:

I update my N9 to PR 1.2 but still i can’t make videocall !

12. Emil says:

hii jack, try Gtalk video call on n9

13. I seldom write remarks, however I browsed some comments
    on this page PR1.2 Nokia N9 update screenshots and changelog.
    App folders, video call and much more! : My Nokia Blog.
    I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright.
    Is it only me or does it look like a few of the remarks come across
    as if they are written by brain dead visitors?

:-P And, if you are writing on other social sites, I would like to keep
    up with you. Could you make a list of the complete urls of your public sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or
    linkedin profile?

14. Danuta says:

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
    I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.

Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

15. Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be
    okay. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new
    updates.