Nokia 500 update to Nokia Belle available at Nokia Suite? (Update: Yes, it’s official)

| February 15, 2012 | 37 Replies

Just yesterday we heard about Nokia Belle coming to Navifirm for the Nokia 500 – indicating that it would appear on official Nokia channels soon.

M. Hamdhan emailed us these screenshots that show Nokia Belle as an official Update for the Nokia 500.  I’m interested to see how Belle works without that GPU.

Any other Nokia 500 owners getting the update?

Cheers M. Hamdhan for the tip!

Update: Yes it’s official:

Category: Nokia, Symbian

1. Hamdhan says:

Thanks Jay!

2. CEO (Ogonji) says:

Nice one..

3. razvan says:

I’ve just updated my nokia 500 to nokia belle. It works brilliant. It’s true… there are only 4 home screens but all issues that I had before, were now solved, so I’m pretty happy with my “new” phone. Thanks a lot.

4. knm says:

Tons of new feature like HD video recording at 30fps,better browser, maps,notification bar comes with belle update for Nokia 500.

5. san says:

yes, update available in India

6. pls says:

where is the damn 059H6F1 (nokia e6) update..?

7. HD says:

When I updated my N8 to belle.. it was just 125 MB in size (I followed *#7370# procedure before update).. and phone does have belle running good..
    Man.. here even 500 is 315 MB..
    What is going on? did I miss something or it was just 125 MB????

8. Nfan says:

Hey Jay,
    As Belle is out now one need to get it hacked to install some wonderful unsigned apps. I found this yesterday and the two methods given (out of four) are working perfectly in my N8 with Belle – http://digipassion.com/2012/02/hack-nokia-symbian-belle-phones-easily.html

9. Cristi says:

Hi!
    I have some problem updating my nokia 500….
    the nokia suite froze when the first image posted in the article appear, the one with “Preparing to install”.
    Last time it stayed like that for over an hour…

What could be the problem? :(

thanks

10. malcolm says:

ok so i see new s/w for nokia, i have N8,(so that means me) the question is. should i or not. it could cause problems. my phone is ok right now, will it be that much better if it works?
    Thanks in addvance, malcolm

11. fari says:

cant sign into nokia account so cant finish step 1 :( helppppppppp

12. Biju says:

I can’t update my Nokia 500 to Belle. After backing up the data, Ovi suite throws up an error indicating ‘Service unavailable’. I called up Nokia support in India today.

They checked and told me that my phone is eligible for an upgrade but not sure why upgrade does not happen for my phone. I am asked to take my phone to a Nokia service center now. This is irritating!!

13. vino says:

me get this error “service unavailable”.
    i hav this problem for last 32 hours.

14. steve says:

my nokia 500 does not connect to the nokia suite what shall i do??

15. Goolam says:

hi , i have a nokia 500 and am trying to get the belle OS but looks like this isnt yet out in SA any idea what to do to get it or where can i check on its release

16. anjali says:

i…even m facing the same problem..:(…it is not upgrading..:(((

17. misak1vi says:

I buyed new nokia 500 two weeks ago .. and I have problem with nokia suite .. I dowloaded laster version 3.4.40 and when I click on update icon it says : “no updates avaliable” and I checked belle is avaliable in my country Bosnia and Herzegovina !
    can someone tell me where the problem is ?
    thanks !

18. M Ashraf says:

hi, how can i install office suite on my nokia belle 500. please reply if anyone can help me i realy need this software on my phone

19. Freddy says:

I Can Upgrade Your Nokia 500!. The North American Nokia 500 phones from Mobilicity, Windmobile, T-Mobile come factory installed with the old and outdated ‘Nokia Symbian Anna’ phone Operating system.
    For some weird Reason, North American Nokia 500′s have Been blocked by the phone providers from Upgrading to the Newer and smoother “Nokia Belle’ phone Operating system, which has a way better performance for smart touch screen phones like the Nokia 500.
    This old operating sytem makes the Nokia 500 Phone, to have poor performance. Some times poor touch screen response, crushing, hanging up etc.
    But with your phone’s operating system upgraded to the new ‘Nokia Belle Operating system’, your phones performance will greatly increase and you will gain additional features to make you enjoy the full potential of your Nokia 500 finally. So dont get frustrated with it.
    Bring your phone and $20 with you, wait 30 minutes and your phone is upgraded to the newer software system.
    I also Upgrade Nokia 5230. It takes 20 Minutes and a fee of $10.
    I also Unlock the Nokia 500 and unlock Nokia 5230 both for $20 to unlock and it takes 24 hrs.

CALL ME ON: six-four-seven-seven-zero-six-one-five-zero-one

20. sparsh says:

helloooww guys…i have symbaian anna the old version and in my cell updats r not showing up..somebody help me what to do????

21. tanha says:

how can i update n500

22. Khyolamo says:

After hard formate on my nokia 500 many apps like photo editior video editor nokia music snd nokia maps has been gone how will i get them back again? Help

23. Khyolamo says: