Rumours: Nokia Lumia 610 175EUR? 3.2″ display?

| February 26, 2012 | 32 Replies

BGR says they have some info on the upcoming Nokia Lumia 610, Nokia’s entry level WP. This Tango device is said to feature a 3.2″ display and a 3MP camera and will have WP Tango under the hood. As such, 256mb RAM (the new minimum for Tango) is expected. The price is suspected to be around Rs 11,000 (175EUR) when launched in India “very soon”

Source: BGR

Cheers KF for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Rumours

1. stylinred says:

considering how popular nokia is i wonder how well this will do in India

do people love Nokia or do they love Symbian?

11000 rupees is quite high isn’t it?

• Jay Montano says:

Yes, quite possibly a little high. However, one positive is that the user experience should at least not be compromised too much.

I remember at launch the likes of the Nokia C3-01 touch and type was £140. This could possibly be £148 (direct conversion) and this still isn’t the lowest. There’s talks of sub £100 (and then sub $100).

Although they mention the Indian market, it could do well beyond that too – encroach on the likes of Wildfire (which are relatively rather laggy).

• manu says:

a bit pricey by a 1500 Rs compared to competition but when one look into competition nokia own 500 and lg optimus net at 9500 are competitive enough.but people will mostly prefer 500 or net coz as i have already mentioned a 1000 times bluetooth file sharing and sd card support is very important.also a lot of people who buy phone at this range dont have pc so zune and all those stuffs are not gonna work.many dont have internet connection rely on mobile data plan to download songs and video clips again that also not possible.

• Ayush says:

Actually Here In INDIA,were expecting windows phone @ 7000-8000…this is the most popular price bracket. . Thats y Galaxy y is so popular in INDIA…Nokia 603 is Available In INDIA at Rs 11200…Nokia should Drop their price..otherwise…it’l b successfull…but below expectation…

• ricky says:

nokia 603 for 11.2k?
          From where?

• manu says:

y is a shitty phone its selling well coz its samsung and android.nokia need to bring a symbian belle based device to compete with y.also nokia should keep in mind everyone dont have pc in india so zune is not gonna work in there favour here.

• manu says:

people love nokia and symbian and how will they accepg windows phone especially lower income group and non techies who buy phones at this price is to be seen.also i think price of phones are bit high in india.

2. outdated os says:

Will this require a PC to do simple tasks like file sharing (photos)? If yes, then the money they save on buying this can be used to buy a windows pc. :)

• Matias says:

You know, you can e.g. upload your photos to SkyDrive, Facebook, email etc. straight from the phone and share them that way, no computer needed.

Yeah, I know I’m falling for an obvious troll…

3. Guest says:

Reminiscent of C7, designwise.

4. Heron says:

For the contract countries, this will probably be @ 0 dollars with contract. And if its reduced functionality in certain games and apps doesn’t get too much in the way, Nokia might have a winner in the volume portion of the smartphone game.

This is a phone I will ask my mum to use for sure though.

5. Kaizer Allen says:

What if the design was actually the 600?

6. mahesh says:

[spam removed. We will thank you kindly not to pollute comment section with your spam.]

7. Akash says:

I hope its price similar to galaxy y.

8. Cod3rror says:

175 is too expensive for it. Should be more like 120.

9. Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn.

That is a very well written article. I’ll
    make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly return.

10. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that
    it is really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels.
    I will appreciate if you continue this in future.
    Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!