Here’s a game you might be familiar with as it was a popular one on the Nokia N8 – It’s Assassin’s Creed. It’s been around for a while but I didn’t feel like repurchasing an app I had already bought though I did really enjoy it on my N8. I only stopped playing after I wasn’t able to start the game any more (it kept crashing). No problems here so far though I have only just started playing it (during the video recording was the first time I used it on my Lumia).
The game looks great, good walkthrough tutorial at the start, easy enough controls and it does get quite addictive to play.
What I’m demoing for you is just a trial version of the game – fortunately the Xbox Live titles (and many others) have a try before you buy feature where you can see if you like something first before putting out any cash. I’m quite likely to get this now as I forgot how good this game was. It’s a shame it’s priced at a rather high £3.99. Whilst this is the same $4.99 at App Store, it used to be only £3 at Nokia store (actually it is now £1 only!)
#119) Assassin’s Creed
The benchmark of action-adventure games on next-gen consoles for your smartphone!
Jerusalem, 1191 AD. The Third Crusade between the Crusaders and Saracens is tearing the Holy Land apart.
You are Altaïr, a Master Assassin sent by the Order of the Assassins on a quest to steal the Chalice from the Templars in order to end the Crusades. The fate of the Holy Land depends on you…
Plunge into this direct prequel to the critically acclaimed Assassin’s Creed™, offering rich gameplay and a well balanced mix of stealth, chaotic action, and puzzle-solving exploration in the midst of the fully 3D-rendered, historical Middle Eastern environments of the Crusades.
– Incredible variety of acrobatic moves for a very rewarding gaming experience.
– 6 weapons for both close combat and long-range attacks: swords, daggers, grappling hooks, and bombs.
– Skill-based mini-games put your patience & dexterity to the test: perform pickpocket maneuvers and make informants talk.
– Unique dramatic tension, intensified by 3D cinematic cut scenes and character voices.
– Collect orbs to upgrade health and weapons.
– Highly polished 3D graphics providing full immersion into a true-to-life Medieval Middle East environment.
It does resume nicely though it takes 1-2 seconds reloading, it doesn’t have the full loading sequence. My N8 whilst it COULD leave it running in the background, doing so would lead to a crash. This alternative seems more stable.