Hi guys. This is Triangula. A little bit like that squares game where you join up dots to make a square, but this time you’re making triangles.
This is a very nicely polished game. It looks nice and plays really well. You can play vs the phone from four difficulties, beginner all the way to expert as well as changing the grid size. All games are saved at the last position so you can carry on at another time. Each game you play is recorded in your stats.
Apparently the phone can actually cheat (according to the developer blurb). When I was playing it, I got frustrated at a couple of points where I thought it was cheating but it couldn’t have, right? Ha, good to know they’ve put that in.
Price: Free or £0.99Advertisements
Listed among “Best Windows Phone Apps” (windowsteamblog.com, bestwp7games.com), Triangula is a fun and smart take on the classic paper-and-pencil game Dots and Boxes.
• Connect dots with lines and make triangles, trying to cover more area than your opponent.
• Test your skills against the computer or challenge a friend.
• Track your performance over time and post your grade to online leaderboards.
• Leave the game unfinished and come back later to complete it.
• Computer cheats? Use the playback feature to see what actually happened.
Great simple game — easy to learn and fun to play, but hard to master.