I remember writing about this video, already reminiscing the fact that in 2006 (and possibly even before that) Nokia knew precisely what touch interfaces should look like. Yet for some reason, we got lumbered with S60 which doomed us all (Note, not Symbian, but S60).
Look at the little gallery view think. That’s a little like the widget on Belle FP1 right? This one actually looks more dynamic.
The phone uses the camera, GPS, and accelerometer (possibly even gyro) to have augmented reality star viewing. We take this kind of thing for granted now but back in 2006 that would be witchcraft.
Look at this lock screen interface. Before swipe to unlock. Before iPhone existed. Before Android existed.
It was also interesting how they brought this interaction up.
How is it that Nokia can come up with such amazing ideas but we never see Nokia implement them? Or at least someone else becomes famous for it?
Remember the lock screen – the active lock screen where you can interact with things within the lock screen?
Already filed in 2007.
Lastly, the most obvious thing but overlooked.
This touch interface is very thumb friendly. There’s no keyboard. There’s no buttons. Such a thing was laughable when the iPhone was going to try this. No stylus too. But Nokia’s already there.
Imagine what could have been if Nokia would have let the world’s most creative and talented minds turn these concepts into reality.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Nokia touchscreen smartphone vision… from 2006 | April 2, 2012
- Ecco come Nokia immaginava i telefoni del futuro nel lontano 2006 (video) | April 2, 2012
- TelefoniaNews.it » Come Nokia immaginava i telefoni touch nel 2006 | April 2, 2012
- Nokia y su visión de los teléfonos hace unos años | April 2, 2012
- Así imaginaba Nokia los móviles del futuro en el 2006 | Blog Enfundate | April 3, 2012
- Evolucion Mac Club Tampico » Así imaginaba Nokia los móviles del futuro en el 2006 | April 3, 2012
- Wie Nokia sich 2006 die Touchscreen-Zukunft vorstellte › Netbooknews - Mobile Computing Blog | April 3, 2012
- Asi imaginaba Nokia los moviles del futuro en el 2006 | April 17, 2012