Firmware Update for Nokia N9 to PR1.3 available! 1000 Improvements Confirmed at Nokia, v40.2012.21-3,

| July 3, 2012 | 114 Replies

As for our info yesterday, PR1.3 is now OFFICIAL.

The same version is confirmed by Nokia.

v40.2012.21-3

Hi everyone,

As you might have noted already, we have now started rolling out a new update for N9 to 40.2012.21-3. This software release brings you over 1000 quality improvements, including Mail, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as several small network and connectivity improvements. For more information on the update, you can check out http://swipe.nokia.com/.

The update will be released in waves during the next few weeks, firstly to non-branded variants and later on for other variants as well. When an update is available a notification with the icon is shown in the Events
view. Select the notification to view and install the update. Enjoy!

Have you got the update yet?

Cheers Jonathan and jiipee for the tip!

Category: Maemo, MeeGo, Nokia

1. M says:

The update for mine took about 30 minutes and was the first update that didn’t wipe out all my apps so thats progress right there. Not really sure whats exactly different in this version. They probably just cleaned up a lot of the code and bugs in this so its basically a 1.3.1 I guess.

2. the_game606 says:

In Ecuador is now ready to update… Tks Nokia and especially Team MeeGo

3. RobGee says:

I start updating my N9 2 hours ago and it doesn’t want to finish..since 1 hour the “nokia” screen (the screen when u turn on the handset) is on the screen. it restarts 100s of times and nothing else..

4. Eric says:

from Mexico updating and trying to be patient; by now it takes almost an 45 minutes

5. Andrew says:

Quick impressions after toying 30 min´s:
    - no major changes traced anywhere so far.
    - initially everything was a lot slower, then after a couple of restarts notably quicker than ever before: native browser, firefox, all apps – everything almost blazingly fast. Wow!
    - a LOT louder, videos & music at least. Didn´t make any calls yet to see if there is more of that necessary loudness as well.
    - (only) after restarts all apps work perfectly. Don´t have inception though.
    - maps obviously improved – streets found which weren´t there before.

In short, N9 os up-to-date against most of the competition. Subjective opinions, of course. The survey continues with a happy grin :D

6. duffeldof says:

I have done some tweaks (changed standby screen color, added logo etc). Will these affect updating in anyway? So can I instantly go for it?

7. borob says:

for me afrer the update my modifications to the standby screen have disappeared.

8. n9er says:

still not getting the update, every time i check i get ‘no updates available’, waddup!?

9. n9er says:

‘NO UPDATES AVAILABLE’ every time i check…why oh why??

• Oliv69800 says:

Hello,

What is your serial number (look at the SIM card support)? I have 059L5D4 and I have also no update at this time (my N9 seems to be a “swiss variant model”….)
      So it seems that some “variant” are actually released…or need to be released….
      With Navifirm+, I found more 059L versions than at the beginning of july….

Regards,