Nokia N9 PR1.3 Changelog

| July 3, 2012 | 58 Replies

Today PR1.3 was made officially available and it is making the rounds on update availability to you guys.This seems generally more to streamline and polish your N9 experience.

The developer page isn’t really a changelog as such despite the mention of over 1000 quality improvements. That’s all really that it says

Change log of the Nokia N9 40.2012.21-3 (PR 1.3) firmware release (release date: 2.7.2012):

• Over 1000 quality improvements including Mail, Facebook, Twitter, minor network & connectivity improvements.

Here’s an extended version – I think user generated.

• video decoding got improved (1) (2) (3)
  • UI feels alot smoother now (1) (2) (3)
  • Beep profile has an Icon on status bar (1)
  • It seems that wireless networks are found much faster than before. In addition the device sees more networks than with PR1.2 (1)
  • Fix for GNOME Bug 662125 - Sharing uses 100% CPU if a client requests a lot of small slices from a media file, most visible symptom is choppy video playback (1)
  • Compatibility fix for XBox360 (GNOME Bug 664184): Previously showed a single song up to 5 times in the “All Songs” list (1)
  • better NFC support with C7 (1)
  • Inception 0.1 security hole got fixed (but there is Inception 0.2 already) (1)

Thanks Mariano for the tip!

Category: Maemo, MeeGo, Nokia

1. DKM says:

Its faster like a Ferrari right now, app launches very fast no lags.

Some reason Skype stopped connecting for me any one out there with the issue.

Yes it is a very valuable update.

• OrderX says:

That happened to me, but with Facebook. The only way I could fix it was by erasing the entire phone from the settings.

• mohammad says:

hello
      can i have viper for nokia n9 on the new update pr1.3 ?

• Shane says:

Hi douche,

1.3 came out about 1yr ago, it was the last such release from Nokia, it wasn’t a major PR like 1.2… Even if it was, it’d make little sense for Viber to be included in such a release, because 3rd-party apps generally aren’t what those PR’s are about. Nice (rude) necro….

2. Jill says:

Plan B ?
    Nokia .. I am ready for it.

3. preetman says:

where is PR 1.4

• Jay Montano says:

1.3 just came out.

• John says:

Why would you even “expect” it?
      Have you not been following everything closely?
      The chances are extremely slim.
      Your problem if you were “expecting” it, should’ve done your homework.

4. D says:

I’d buy the N9 successor with quad core and PureView over the Galaxy S3.

Windows Phone sucks!

• jvardon says:

Amen to that, I’d love that phone!!

• the_game606 says:

I want it

• Jay Montano says:

Don’t you ever get tired of your trolling? This post is about the N9. Stick to it or stop commenting please.

• Gill says:

why is it always when someone post something on a n9/symbian post you want them to stop commenting or you call them trolls? but when WP boys here bash symbian/n9 on WP post you are nowhere to be seen?

PS I love your blog but this is unfair

• Jay Montano says:

No where huh? Well that’s un unfair statement too. Although I am not everywhere at all times, I will try for all sides to get the trolling toned down. You may not see it either but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Why should I settle for a completely good post about the N9 to be ruined by people arguing about Windows Phone when this is not even the subject of my post?

I am NOT against people disliking or complaining about any aspect of Nokia. I’m very much pro free speech. I’m totally fine with people disliking WP/Symbian/MeeGo/Nokia as long as it’s in the right post and they’re discussing it appropriately. However, I do really dislike it when people derail the comments by spamming or going off topic, or constantly whinging and moaning.

This guy is a prolific spammer on the blog. All the time in the most random threads he will try to start a flame war or spam his useless phrases. It’s unnecessary and completely disrespectful. There’s about three or four people that keep doing this, masking as different users.

• John says:

I’ve been trying to get you to do something about a thread I emailed you about for 10-days, but you’ve been non-responsive.
            Two users popped into a N9 thread and totally hijacked it with troll-ish/child-ish statements.

• Jay Montano says:

I get several thousands of emails a week, many that I never see unless I stumble on it again in a random search. You wouldn’t be the first person who’s emails I’ve missed.

Here is a thread about the N9, here I am wanting N9 users to be respected and to enjoy the N9 by NOT having it hijacked by idiots who want to use it as a spawning ground for hating about an unrelated issue.

I had a look through the comment that you flagged up for deletion:

One by Benjimola talking about n9 apps. http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/23/n9apps-front-camera-and-front-camera-n9/

If I had seen this thread earlier I would have liked if the comments actually talked about the app. However, looking at it now, at least they are talking about the N9/MeeGo where as this dude is trying to bring up something else just out of constant spite. I see that you and “Benjimola ” had a disagreement. This is no grounds for me to ban or delete posts. There is a specific policy here that unless it’s spam, it stays. An opinion, just because it’s disliked, does not get deleted. However, if I am there to see those comments I would at least try to pacify them to keep them back on topic. On the whole I think it has been working well that most readers are mature enough to hold mature conversations and self moderate. I don’t want to be policing comments, I don’t have time to.

As to the article that got pulled, that was the choice of the author to take it down, not me. I mentioned that I would not mind it going back up but left it at his digression whether to put his post back up.

• Tej parker 2.0 says:

keep dreaming like many others in this blog !

• dpr says:

I Would buy n9 successor no matter what the configuration is.MeeGo Hartmann is so good.

5. Siazshuakme says:

Currently dl pr1.3(40.2012.21.3) via nsu. I guess it available already in Malaysia.
    30 minutes to go..

6. Eric says:

Yes it feels faster, and i will add to the list small changes on music, now loads all the cover when in list mode, and the music buttons on lock screen now have a shadow when pressed

7. keef says:

just installing now. What I’d really like is for the in-call earpiece to be louder (it limits me using it as a phone because it’s hard to hear the person I’m speaking to), the camera to be better (I also have an n8 so I’m spoiled!) and for my contacts to sync with my parrot in-car Bluetooth system.

• incognito says:

You are aware that the N9 keeps volume settings for each of the speakers (including BT and headphones) separately, right? I was astonished how low was the earpiece volume in the original setup, but it was only set at 40%… While in a call, use the volume up / down keys to adjust the volume, or just drop down the pull-down menu from the top and adjust it there (it will be green color in that setup).

After setting it to 100% it’s quite loud, at least it is like that on my unicorn N9…

8. NokiaFan says:

I am very happy that nokia has released this update. I thought we wouldn’t see it after they made all budget cuts. I just hope we would have skype video call, this would make my N9 perfect for me… achhhhh dreams

9. Edmund says:

wonder if it’s been overclocked slightly. since ppl have been talking about higher idle power consumption and snappier performance overall.. :/

10. jajai says:

still doesnt support vid call (except gtalk)…

11. Oliver says:

Did anyone in Europe/Germany already get it?

12. Jorge says:

WTF? Why does mine keep getting slower with each PR update??? Does anyone know how to reinstall an update again without need to flash the phone?

• jajai says:

by using nokia software updater

• Andrew says:

Did you try restarting after the update? Mine was really stiff before restart,
      did that twice and behold – the phone just got wings all of sudden.

• John says:

There is an indexing period, and a lot of other shit going on in the background initially.
      The vast majority of comments so far are pointing to slightly improved “fluidness” for the UX.
      Nothing drastic though AFAICT….

13. Danello says:

Available also in Romania. It runs really smooth!

14. lordstar says:

–> You guys thank that guy on twitter he’s the director of applications for Meego

Sadly, he tweeted that “After 12 years at #Nokia is time to say goodbye. Last day but I’m going knowing that we created a legendary phone #N9 and we tried hard.”

He also mentioned that they’re starting a new business

• Kitto says:

Sad to see him leave. His team at Nokia surely created the most beautiful phone ever. I hope he continues to help the N9 community as a hobbyist and give valuable suggestions so that we can continue to enjoy this amazing phone. And I wish him all the best in his new endeavor.

15. jix says:

this is a post for the N9 like many many other on the net…this shows popularity of this jewel…its time for plan B nokia…the future is here its meego, symbian and android, not all the closed operating systems out there in the market…

16. luke says:

will meego and windows merge?? lol

17. jeet says:

how much i have to pay to make n9 androaid?

18. The Hybrid cars have opened a new door of technology, and innovation in the field,
    and in their jobs. Due to this a lot of businessmen and women who buy used cars online at auctions.

Every 40 seconds a car in the second hand market if
    you wasnt to spend the $20, 000 later– MICHAEL PRICHINELLO:
    By a drunk driver. It then gives pedestrians tthe effect of being able to filter the results by
    time of publication, model and year of cars.