N9Apps: Opera for Nokia N9 updated

| July 11, 2012 | 12 Replies

Apparently there’s an update for Opera on the Nokia N9. The above image is just a thumbnail as I couldn’t find Opera on the N9′s Nokia store to check. The Nokia Store link is here, found it from an old post on Opera for N9.

I’ll check it again once my N9 is done updating to PR1.3.

Edmund says this is version 12 where you can change the user agents. This is quite useful to have as some sites instantly bring you to locked mobile sites for certain browsers (and sometimes that prevents you from accessing their website completely).

User Agent:
Can display “Default”, “S60″, “Android”, “Meego”, “Desktop”

Opera keyboard works in all orientations

Meego Keyboard:
-shows up but requires unnecessary step of selecting text field again when you are already editing it.
-When using Meego keyboard, address field will only display correctly when you re-enter edit mode.
-Does not reorientate while in editing, requires manual swiping down of the keyboard to make it disappear.
-Does not work properly in portrait mode

Cannot remember whether it is smoother in terms of scrolling and panning compared to previous version hah. can someone with 2 N9s check it out?

Cheers Morpog and Edmund for the tip!

Category: Applications, Maemo, MeeGo, N9Apps, Nokia

1. Morpog says:

Are you guys ignoring me in Tips section? I posted about this 2 days ago and about Nokia Drive stuff for N9. I even twittered you a hint to these tips…..

Morpog says:
    July 9, 2012 at 7:04 pm

N9Appdate:
    Opera Mobile 12 (12.00.2) update available on Nokia Store and Device Updates (was 11 Beta before)

N9Hacks:
    Enable Traffic info in Nokia Drive

Morpog says:
    July 11, 2012 at 9:55 am

Now also a hack for automatic Day/Night change in Nokia Drive!

• Jay Montano says:

Hi,

Sorry we missed that. As I’ve mentioned to others before we unfortunately can’t get to every tip. My notifications for posts in that section haven’t been working for a long while now so I only ever see the posts at the bottom. If I don’t see a tip/mail the moment I’m ready to write it up, I often miss the post. That’s why you’ll sometimes see posts published as soon as its tipped or possibly not at all.

Even if I manually scan the tips section, I often don’t realise there’s a new tip somewhere, or see one tip as being the same one (when it’s actually a different user). I’ll update the credit for that and will check out the Nokia Drive stuff later.

2. Ld. Sidious says:

I can confirm the smoother scrolling. Not as smooth as the stock browser, but at least, there is no checker boarding. And text wrapping when zooming is wicked cool, something that the stock browser does not have.

3. Tiago Silva says:

The interface is localized, and closing tabs only needs one tap now.

4. Tony says: