I believe this has just finished. Stefan Constantinescu previously from intomobile (and Ex Nokian and ex nokia blogger – RingNokia) was tweeting from @whatthebit details of the Nokia Conference call and Q&A regarding the Q2 2012 results. Some bits may be reiteration from Q2 2012 report or previous interviews with Elop.
- Nokia effectively not paying royalties to use WP
- SOLD 4M not shipped
- Windows 8 will have halo effect on Lumia.
- Impact expected due to WP8 announcement (urgh, MS, why)
- “Our aim to become the “where” company, like Facebook is the “who” company, and Google is the “what” company.” (I’m sure Google will eventually be all of that if they’re not already)
- “Lumia 610 and 900 volumes increasing, Lumia 710 and 800 volumes decreasing.
- Timo (Nokia CFO) calls Q3 a ‘TRANSITION QUARTER’. Next 3 months to be VERY important.
- Elop “We’ll be selling existing Lumia devices quite a while after Windows Phone 8 handsets launch.” 60% of Android devices being sold are using a version of Android that’s three versions old. There’s still volume there
- More cheap smartphones coming to China
- The catalyst for us will be the next wave of Lumia devices. We’ll be launching more expensive models
- Current gen will still be sold long after WP8
- Both WP8 and WP7.8 to be used in lower end devices. (Hmmm)
- The next wave and the wave after that (of Lumia phones) will have more differentiation.
- NSN being configured to be ‘more independent’ to give Nokia more options.
Source: @whatthebit via @whatleydude