Butaca is the perfect app for film lovers. It not only provides you with info on the movies you choose, but also gives you session times. It gets its info from IMDB and TMDB. We all know IMDB. If you want movie info, it is the place to go. As for TMDB,
TMDb was started in the fall of 2008 as a side project in order to help serve high resolution posters and fan art for the popular XBMC project. What started as just a simple single page linked with some zip files has morphed into one of the most active user built movie databases on the entire Internet.
themoviedb.org is a free and open movie database. It’s completely user driven by people like you. TMDb is currently used by millions of people every month and with our powerful API, also used by the world’s most popular media centers.Advertisements
What makes the app so great:
- Great use of QT Components to give fluid and uniform UI
- Choice to search by Genre, or by entering name of Movie, Actor and even TV show
- Provides movie trailers if available
- Ability to select Films/Actors/TV shows as “Favorites”; Places them on app’s home screen
- Session times show cinemas near location (configured in Settings)
- Movie info provides direct link to full cast listing (clickable cast members)
- Share Actor Bio, Film info etc. via OS Sharing (Twitter, Facebook, Email, BT etc.)
I’m a huge movie fan, and something I missed (at first) was not having a good movie information app. Butaca filled that void, and filled it extremely well. Admittedly, it isn’t new. This has been on my review to-do list for several months, but it was so good, I couldn’t let it go unnoticed. Take a look at the screenshots below.
What are you waiting for? Get on over to the Nokia Store and download it to your N9 now!