NokConv have published a post sharing tips on recording concerts with the Nokia 808 PureView.
You are immediately advantages as a Nokia 808 PureView user because not many can be so compact and record such high quality audio and video.
- Don’t cover microphones with your hands
- Use tripod or handheld stabiliser
- Don’t change focus if moving around – wait until you stop and then focus
- Try and stay within 50m of the stage. This will apparently affect video due to reduced lighting (though we have seen PureView’s zoom assist here in bringing the action closer).
- Nokia 808 PureView apparently has spotlight scene for greater contrast. Use this if someone is standing underneath a spotlight.
- If you’re moshing, put your phone on a wrist strap in case it falls off your hand
- Pan slowly. This will ensure your video is clearer
- Use the LED/turn it off when appropriate. Close up open mics, the LED light might help otherwise, keep it off.
- Building on the tripod tip, use this to get some unusually high view points.
- Watch out for your battery! Video recording eats up more juice. Think about bringing a spare battery (because the batteries are interchangeable on the 808) or even better, bring a portable charger so you can have continuous recording
- If you have other cameras, use them to (make your friends do some recording) as least get some different view points that you can mash later in a video. You can trust yourself to keep the best video and audio on your 808. If you’re lucky, your other friends also have 808s.
Oh there’s a general video below you might find helpful, published at the beginning of the month.