My Dream Nokia #61: Nokia Lumia 960 Tab, E7 like 7″ tilt keyboard W8 tablet concept

| August 6, 2012 | 36 Replies

Concept MyDreamNokiass are pouring in. Here’s another stunning work from Edgar Mkrtchyan. It’s a beautiful tilt slider, E7 style with a 7″ screen.

This could almost count as that hybrid OPK once mentioned. The specs look great, nothing out of reach but certainly enough to make me throw my money at the screen.

Hello,
I finally finished my concept of “Lumia Nokia 960 Tab” (the keyboard took me a long time)
few months ago I read a speech by Stephen Elop about a new form factor integrating Windows 8 RT, so I tried to design something classic that everyone loves, and which remains in the Nokia mind.

• -Design: Body in polished aluminum, backlit keyboard, form factor Nokia E7
  • -OS & CPU: RT 8 & Windows dual / quad core 1.8 GHz
  • -Screen: 7 “AMOLED touchscreen ClearBack glass, 1600×900 pixels, GorillaGlass, anti fingerprints, anti-reflection screen
  • -Heignt / Weight: 200x102x12 mm, 390 g
  • -Battery: 4300 mAh
  • -12 Mpix sensor, 1080p recording, LED + xenon flash, 2 MP camera front
  • -Memory: 64/128 GB mass memory, expandable with Micro SD Card
  • -Conectivity: 2 micro USB (USB OTG support), HDMI, DLNA certification, Nokia AV 3.5, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC.
  • -2 High quality loudspeakers

if you have ideas to improve the design, thank you for the mention in the comments.

I’m loving the N9/800ness but with complete curves to the side (like #54)

Drool. Xenon :p

I’d love to see something N97/E7 form factor reemerge at Nokia. Hardware wise, they were pretty impeccable – well, E7 at least (N97 had some awful build quality issues).

About “My Dream Nokia”

I’m sure you’ve dreamt up your PERFECT Nokia device/UI. What it would look like, what it would feel like, what features it would have. Why don’t you share it with the world? Or at least with other Nokia fans .

It could be your own photoshopped or rendered work (seriously, you don’t need mega skills in either, basic paint job is often enough to convey a concept) of your dream product.

SEND this in similarly to tips@mynokiablog.com with the title “My Dream Nokia” and perhaps the model number (and a little description, maybe a few specs in the message area? Though this bit not necessary).

Who knows, maybe an image might flutter over to Nokia and through whatever route end up being real.

Thanks Edgar Mkrtchyan!

Category: Concept, Dream Nokia, Lumia, Nokia, Tablet

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Fan concept : Nokia Lumia 960 Windows 8 tablet > WP7.nl | August 7, 2012
  2. Wederom een Nokia concept tablet - | August 13, 2012
  3. Petit tour des concepts phones Nokia | October 8, 2012
    • GANTA PRASSHANTH says:

MAKE ONE OPTION IF ANY NOTIFICATION COMES MAKE IT EASSY THAT WE CAN ACCESS THE NOTIFICATION FASTER AND FASTER AND QUICK SETTINGS ALSO INSTANT

1. Viipottaja says:

Xenon in that kind of a body is pretty much out of reach.

Anyway, there is a WP8 hardware qwerty in the works. Whether they put it out to the market remains to be seen. My guess is a cautious yes.

2. Edgar Mkrtchyan says:

be careful on the size of the unit, it is 20 centimeters long, try to imagine visually :)

• Viipottaja says:

If you were replying to me, the xenon would still not fit into the, what, max 7-8mm think lower part. :)

• Edgar Mkrtchyan says:

I have not responded specifically to the flash, just because the appliance go wrong sizes can seen that uses the same design as lumia 800/900 and E7

and regarding the flash is not close to 1 mm, it is a concept my friend

• Viipottaja says:

I know its a concept. Not sure what’s the point of concept specs though if they are too far removed from the real life current possibilities. You know, might as well add a teleporter and a panini press to the specs then. ;) :-P

• MoritzJT says:

Ultrahigh specs if engineered correctly are real life current possibilities however they might be stupid to implement in the cost vs. benefit world. A teleporter however is just not yet possible. ;-)

• Viipottaja says:

How about the panini press? :) Just not sure a Xenon (of any meaninful illumination power) can be engineered even at any cost to a body that think (in the lower part).

• Carbontubby says:

Who cares about Panini presses, I want an espresso maker that slides out with the keyboard :)

Those hardware specs look like something Samsung would use for a Qwerty flagship device, if only they believed in Qwerty flagships…

3. Oliver says:

I hope Jolla comes out with something like this in the long run :D

From my experience with the E7 I would not recommend a polished aluminum body. Too slippery.

4. ms.nokia says:

a very nice design, clean and elegant.
    it can replace the phone/tablet/netbook/notebook/laptop for some consumers and travellers.
    but where is the pv bump?

5. prashant says:

amazing.

6. rustyknight17 says:

Pretty good , would consider this if W P8 is all they say …
    Now , if we could talk Nokia into making a Belle version of this or the E6 , mmmmmm ! Or Jolla Mobile into making a Meego version of this …

7. patriceN97 says:

very nice. one for me !

8. lax says:

i cant stop looking at this tablet (thats what it is right) it looks cool. Just needs a few curves at the edges.

9. ashok pai says:

cool design. except I was thinking they’d plonk an 800mah battery instead of a 1600 one.

10. Ricardo says:

take out xenón flash, just big led, its a Tablet not a phone! also i would say go for the full ultrabook spec, and Win8

FULL SURFACE PRO KILLER!!!! i would buy it in a second! (with a Price arround 1k 1.2k USD)

11. pyler says:

Ohh, very nice!

12. Carbontubby says:

5″ would be perfect, 7″ is just too big ;)

It should be nicely pocketable like the Psion 5MX and have a keyboard you can touch type on. Right now the E7′s keyboard is too small for that, it’s only good for thumb typing. A stylus like the Galaxy Note’s would make it even better.

A Psion successor running Windows, oh what irony!

13. Galaxy SIII says:

spam

14. Michael Faro-Tusino says:

TAKE MY MONEY! hahah

15. Galaxy SIII says:

spam

16. twig says:

7 or 10 inch. Very nice.

17. Fazilmmm says:

Nice concept.., would prefer touch keyboard.

Feels like using N900 again.. :(

18. LaW says:

WOW now this is the phone ive always dreamed of having, always loved qwerty but always wanted it to be thin enough to act as a candy bar with a huge screen like lumia 800 curved type too. Beatuiful with silver and black too, finally i hope to see silver brushed steel phones. Insteaded of always white and black etc etc.

19. Raull Eltani says:

This is just almost a copy of N950 and frankly just average. I am afraid that in practical use it will di technically pretty easy. I am neutral about design, about system I’d prefere MeeGo or Symbian.

20. Pete says:

My dream Nokia is more a symbiosis of the E6 with the N8 mixed with WP7. See here: http://bit.ly/ML7FdI

P!

21. rustyknight17 says:

Pete , ur concept sounds like a WP version of the E8 My Dream Nokia concept phone. The things I’d change would a camera module somewhere between the N8′s and the 808 ‘s and have it run Nokia Belle or Meego . Sweet !

22. zubair says:

yes, this piece is really very interesting but y cannot nokia built a phone with dvd writer and with printer options ?

23. hussein says:

I am of the opinion that the size of the device is appropriate with these possibilities should not be a large-sized versed in the user’s hands

24. hussein says: