Samsung WP8 Devices Leaked; Any Threat to Nokia? + Message to SamDung From General the Destroyer

| August 20, 2012 | 82 Replies

With the upcoming launch of WP8 OEMs other than Nokia have renewed their interest in the platform, promising better more powerful devices. Earlier today Samsungs WP8 lineup was leaked showing off two devices, one obviously aimed at the high end and the other carrying some lighter specs.

It’s interesting to see the continued use of the current WP7.5 screen resolution on a 3rd gen WP device, especially when it costs 450 Euros. Speculation is that the GT-I8750 will carry a shape similar to the Galaxy S3, which honestly is nothing exciting. I really hope whatever Nokia has in store will blow this out of the water (shouldn’t be too difficult right?); currently I have my hopes set on the flagship (Phi) to be 4.7″-5.3″ (Phablet) with a minimum of 12-18MP camera that could support any form Pureview, with a 720P screen of course (with CBD and some sort of Oleophpbic coating for all those nasty fingerprints).

Honestly if the above Samsung specs are all that WP8 would bring I wouldn’t even bother getting a new phone, the only feature that would make a difference is the expandable memory. Currently Dual core isn’t needed considering how smooth WP7.5 is; although HD screens are ultra tempting.

On a side note here’s our favorite Nokia “Extremist” letting Sam”dung” know what’s up (Caution video is definitely NSFW)

*BTW- does anyone know how I can fix the image at the top of the post? I used Paint.net with magic marker to remove the background on the Nokia Logo but when I save the full image (with the bulls) the grey checkerboard is filled with white again instead of becoming transparent, any ideas?

Figured out what I was doing wrong; even after removing the background I was selecting the logo as a whole (Cntrl + A) rather than using the magic wand to select each letter, thanks guys :D

VIA

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Video, Windows Phone

1. dss says:

All the phones will be based on the same platform (s4 krait + 1 gig of RAM).. so I don’t see how Nokia can bring anything more exciting to the table, its all pretty much standardized. Maybe a better shell, but not much past that.

The platform supports up to 20Mpix camera modules, so I guess they can play the numbers game again.

Its great to be a part of the “eco” system :)

• Raja says:

+100
      Only differnt thing Nokia can do is bring some nice desgin and some mind blowing camera to the phone . But somewhere I have feeling that Nokia won’t bring the pure view tech in wp8 on 5 sept launch event ?
      Btw can preview tech actually support wp8 ? Is it flexible ? Sorry if it’s a silly question but iam curious to know .

• h3csc says:

True, I really don’t see how Nokia will be a partner instead of just another OEM. All the best to Nokia though!

2. Carbontubby says:

No man, AMOLED + CBD is awesome for the solid colors and black backgrounds that Windows Phone uses because it saves a lot of power compared to LCDs. A high-res Pentile screen like on the SGS3 still looks better than a non-Pentile low res screen.

Now, listen up SamDung, HTCSh*t, Crapple, Motorolloveranddie and Croakia, what’s up with the Qwerty hate? Enough with this touchscreen slab bullsh*t, give us some slide Qwerty love! We need a premium WP8 device with an awesome keyboard like from the E7 or Droid Milestone!

• Nathan says:

I think Jolla’s more likely to deliver on that desire/need of yours.
      I personally hope they devise something more akin to what’s been done with the Surface Tablet.
      A extremely portable/removable qwerty, that at the same time can be a permanent fixture of the phone if needed.

• Nathan says:

“I think Jolla’s more likely to deliver on that desire/need of yours.”

That’s assuming they really have secured good partners & will have something on shelves in H1 2013.
        I really hope they don’t turn out to be vaporware, still far too early to ascertain that.

3. viktor von d. says:

why do you guys expect a pureview so soon? they will wait a year for the 808 to reach the end of the one year cycle and then release a wp with pureview. right now they will probably have a 12 mpx or 16 mpx with some pureview algorythms in there but that is it.
    the only thing i want is a 4,3 inch,hd screen with sd card, 2 day battery life and a nice design. a 8mp good sensor will do just fine.
    would have been fine if wp suported qhd resolution so we would get 4 inch screens with better ppi, but guess you can’t have it all

4. Waqas Ahmad Khan says:

Nokia’s Phi with same N9′s form factor won’t be something to be excited about.

5. these Cheap Michael Kors Bags for Sale are lovable and style adequate , I might purchase Cheap Michael Kors Bags for Sale yet again!