I used to love watching Earthworm Jim as a kid, and found my friend’s gameboy game of it really addictive. Here’s Gameloft’s Earthworm Jim game demoed on the Nokia Lumia 900. For touch controls, they’re pleasingly very responsive. It might seem slightly overpriced at £3.99 and looking on that price alone I might agree. But it’s the same price in iTunes App Store.
#280) Earthworm Jim HD
I think it’s mandatory to watch and listen to the theme tune!
Grooooovy! One of the all-time most iconic video game characters is now coming to your smartphone!
Live or re-live the freaky adventures of Earthworm Jim in a refreshing remake of the classic action/platform game.
Jim was an ordinary earthworm who did very earthworm-like things. One day, during a battle in outer space, a suit dropped to Earth and landed on Jim, mutating him into a large and intelligent (at least by earthworm standards) superhero. When Jim learns of the evil plans of Psy-Crow and Queen Slug-for-a-Butt, he decides to rescue Princess What’s-Her-Name.
Play as the grooviest earthworm in the galaxy, and explore a crazy universe that offers huge gameplay possibilities:
- Run, gun, swing from hooks with your head, launch cows, bungee jump, rocket through speed levels and more.
- Face 12 types of enemies and 9 bosses.
- 4 different styles of gameplay: Side-scrolling run & gun, space racing, bungee jumping and underwater levels.
- 10 original environments divided into 16 levels.
- 4 levels of difficulty – including the challenging mode of the original game.
- The re-mastered cult soundtrack.
Follow us on Twitter for more information: www.twitter.com/EarthwormjimHD