Whilst the previous #66 was a WP8 Phablet, this is pretty much a tablet since it has a pocket destroying 7.5″ screen. But it’s a tablet with phone capabilities. This particular phablet is designed of course by our resident My Dream Nokia designer, Edgar Mkrtchyan who has so far created a family of devices that a lot of our readers have enjoyed.
This is actually a WP8/W8 concept. Above you can see the full Windows 8 homescreen, not WP8. Specs wise this is great for a mid size tablet. I am not totally sure about it being my phablet phone since i’m not sure how it would fit my pocket. It would be really useful though having Windows 8 RT on it as well as WP8.
- The main features of Nokia 1002 Phablet:
- Windows 8, 1.8 gHz quad core CPU
- Dimensions: 210x110x11mm
- 7.5 “1800×900 touchscreen &
- 8 MP Carl Zeiss camera + 3.2 MP front camera, LED flash, 1080p recording,
- 64/128 GB Mass Storage + Micro SD + SkyDrive + USB On-The-Go
- 8000 mAh battery
- Connectivity: Micro USB 3.0, HDMI, DLNA, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Nokia AV 3.5
The Design has a very subtle curve.
Accepts stylus input. Icons may be well too small though for full desktop apps.
Stylus slots away at the top
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- MyDreamNokia Mash-up: Which Do You Prefer : My Nokia Blog | December 27, 2012
- Analysts say Nokia needs to make a ‘phablet’ or risk being left behind | WinSource | April 3, 2013
- Analysts say Nokia needs to make a ‘phablet’… | Phablet Trend | April 5, 2013