This was filmed, possibly a few months ago, but it’s completely new to me, so it might be to a few others.
It’s a torture test from CNET. The first few tests made me doubt it was real and not a spoof about invincible Nokias.
- Freezer for 2 hours. Survives
- Oven for 200 degrees. Survives. (This really had me doubting it until I realised, US video, Fahrenheit perhaps?)
- Hammer test (like that viral video) actually can hammer in a nail with it. Phone not cracked not even any scratches even after hammering in another nail. He says ‘unbelievable, you can’t do that with an iPhone” though he doesn’t like that it’s a WP. Polycarbonate took some hits but the glass hasn’t smashed unlike some other phones when you look at them wrong.
- Drop test. Survives. Screen unscratched, not broken. Nice bit of GG action.
- Pool test. Not turning on. Rice drying probably needs more than 20 minutes. Ah water, Kryptonite of some Nokias (not all.
We need a bit of the classic ruggedness in future Nokia smartphones perhaps.
At least it’s strong enough that a 2 year old can’t scratch it.
Phil Schiller from Apple does not offer any help to affected iPhone users who’s iPhones scuff easily or even out of the box. Apparently it’s normal.
Over time perhaps but not immediately from the box. N8′s anodised Aluminium was quite good. It stood up to scratch tests but it was’t anywhere near as good as matte polycarbonate on the non white N9/800/900.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- [视频]CNET对诺基亚Lumia 900进行魔鬼测试_互联网资讯最新报道_野火集 | September 26, 2012
- 碉堡了！诺基亚Lumia 900魔鬼测试 | 倚天科技视频网spsky.net | September 26, 2012
- CNET tortures a Nokia Lumia 900 to death | WMPoweruser | September 26, 2012
- How to bake cookies with your Lumia 900 - Windows Phone Forums at wpcentral.com | September 26, 2012
- Scuffgate – Anodised Aluminium does not scuff so easily on the N8 as it does on iPhone 5 : My Nokia Blog | September 26, 2012
- CNET对诺基亚Lumia 900摧残式的魔鬼测试 | 3wz3 | September 27, 2012
- Torture testing the Nokia Lumia 900 | The Lumia Blog | September 27, 2012
- WPDang || 5大极限暴力测试看Lumia 900挑战不可能的任务 | October 1, 2012
- The iPhone Was Designed to Sell Cases | Pocketnow | October 3, 2012