Nokia: Super sensitive display does NOT have issue with unwanted battery drainage – 920 and 820 avoids accidental activation of display
Just to update you guys, we have a statement from Nokia regarding the supposed problem with the super sensitive display. As mentioned, it is a non issue that has blown up out of proportion again in some places.
While the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 both enjoy super sensitive touch, the firmware has been configured to avoid accidental activation of the display. In testing this has not proven to be an issue or to cause unwanted battery drainage.
What has been configured to stop it happening?
The firmware requires a ‘landing event’ to move into active mode and without a repeat of that landing event will eventually return into sleep mode.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Molehill time: Nokia Lumia 920 – super sensitive screen pocket activation? What’s that proximity sensor over there doing? : My Nokia Blog | October 1, 2012
- Nokia responds to concerns about battery drain due to Supersensitive touch screen | WMPoweruser | October 1, 2012
- Nokia smentisce l’impatto sulla batteria dei Lumia 920 e 820 causato dal display SuperSensitive | All About Tech | October 1, 2012
- Why The Nokia Lumia 920′s Sensitive Touchscreen Won’t Kill Its Battery | Pocketnow | October 1, 2012
- Myth debunked: Lumia 920′s super-sensitive screen drains battery. | Nokia Innovation | October 1, 2012
- Services79 » Why The Nokia Lumia 920′s Sensitive Touchscreen Won’t Kill Its Battery | October 1, 2012
- Hva har skjedd de siste 2-3 ukene? | WPNyheter | October 2, 2012
- No, the Nokia Lumia 920 does not have a problem with accidental display activations | AVORAH - Geek Lifestyle Reviews And Views - TECH, GADGETS, STYLE. | October 2, 2012
- Nokia 回應超級觸控螢幕的關係而擔心手機很快就沒電的問題 | WP7Call | October 2, 2012
- Nokia объясняет механизм включения сверхчувствительного экрана Lumia 920 и 820 | October 3, 2012
- Nokia responde a las dudas sobre los posibles problemas de batería con la tecnología Super-Sensitive Touch | Universo Windows | October 3, 2012
- Why The Nokia Lumia 920′s Sensitive Touchscreen Won’t Kill Its Battery - NO CONTRACT! - SmartPhones | January 31, 2013