Earlier this week I wrote a post about my issues regarding glossy phones, and why I probably wasn’t going to be getting a glossy 920, after which I was kindly reminded that I already had a Lumia 920 body, so why not do a scratch test? I decided to compare the glossy yellow polycarbonate body of the 920 vs. the Matte Black finish of the N9:
(apologies for the lack of proper focus but the 808 has some serious issues focusing on the reflective gloss, especially since there is no proper contrast)- Be sure to watch in HD, you can’t see much on Standard Definition.
It’s worth noting that the yellow color hides the scratches better than the glossy white, also the phone was hardly scratched when rubbed on the wooden surface of the desk, most of the damage came from the coins.
*After testing it the scratches on the Yellow 920 seem alot less of a issue than they did on the stromtrooper; or maybe I’m just falling for the color regardless of the issues with it.
(click on the images for a larger/clearer view)
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, my name's Ali- Currently a fifth (and final) year Dental Student from Chicago; studying in Jordan. I love all sorts of gadgets almost as much as I love my cookies! Be sure to follow my Twitter handle @AliQudsi and Subcribe to my Youtube for the latest videos - no pressure. Thanks.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Lumia 920 vs νομίσματα – gadgeta.me | October 6, 2012
- Nokia Lumia 820 & 920 - صفحه 27 | October 6, 2012
- Nokia Lumia 920: test di resistenza ai graffi (video) | October 6, 2012
- Nokia Lumia 920: finitura opaca o lucida? Un test di resistenza ai graffi aiuta nella scelta (VIDEO) - Frog In The Box | Frog In The Box | October 6, 2012
- Nokia Lumia 920 en un prueba de resistencia a arañazos | October 6, 2012
- Cyan adds one more matte option to Lumia 920 | The Moby | October 7, 2012
- From a writers mind: 920 or 820? : My Nokia Blog | October 24, 2012