Updates available for Nokia C2-02, C2-03, X3-02, X2-02, and Asha 300

| October 8, 2012 | 22 Replies

There are apparently new updates available for the following mobile phones.

• Nokia C2-02/C2-03 v07.63
  • Nokia X3-02 to v07.51
  • Nokia X2-02 to v11.9
  • Nokia Asha 300 to v07.57
Thanks Marc Aurel for this info in the comments:
From Nokia firmware change logs (www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs):

Change log of Nokia C2-02 7.63 firmware release:

A warning is now given when the volume is too loud
Improvements to the display brightness
Can now unsubscribe from the Tips and Offers service
Timezone fix for Russia and Argentina
Fix for device camera sometimes crashing during taking photos
General usability & performance improvements

(C2-03 is the same.)

Change log of Nokia X3-02 7.51 firmware release:

This firmware version is only for the RM-639 device variant.
General usability & performance improvements.

Change Log of Nokia C3-01 7.51 firmware release:

This firmware release is for RM-640 device variant.
Performance & usability improvements.
Better Applications.

(looks like I answered my own question above)

Change log of Nokia Asha 300 7.57 firmware release:

A warning is now given when the volume is too loud
Improvements to device memory management
Improvements and fixes to device notification messages
General usability & performance improvements

No change log for X2-02 there yet.

Source: ST

Cheers Marfan for the tip!

Category: Firmware Update, Nokia

1. Silthice says:

Wonder what’s changing

2. Marc Aurel says:

Strange if there is no update for the C3-01, which is internally the same phone as the X3-02 with a different numpad (standard vs. the funky one in the X3-02) and larger battery.

3. Marc Aurel says:

Change log of Nokia C2-02 7.63 firmware release:

A warning is now given when the volume is too loud
    Improvements to the display brightness
    Can now unsubscribe from the Tips and Offers service
    Timezone fix for Russia and Argentina
    Fix for device camera sometimes crashing during taking photos
    General usability & performance improvements

(C2-03 is the same.)

Change log of Nokia X3-02 7.51 firmware release:

This firmware version is only for the RM-639 device variant.
    General usability & performance improvements.

Change Log of Nokia C3-01 7.51 firmware release:

This firmware release is for RM-640 device variant.
    Performance & usability improvements.
    Better Applications.

(looks like I answered my own question above)

Change log of Nokia Asha 300 7.57 firmware release:

A warning is now given when the volume is too loud
    Improvements to device memory management
    Improvements and fixes to device notification messages
    General usability & performance improvements

No change log for X2-02 there yet.

4. muhs says:

what’s with “A warning is now given when the volume is too loud” in all nokia updates?
    after updating to belle fp2 with my nokia 603, i got this too

• SLAYER says:

when you use a headset, the phone will warn you after increasing volume past a certain level to protect your ears. apparently it’s a new policy or something at nokia, belle refresh also got this.

• shallow ocean shoal says:

Cool, that’s better than just limiting the volume at that level.

When they put limiters on the volume, they automatically exclude disabled people that have hearing problems to begin with, who need to use the device at abnormally loud levels.

On the other side, let knuckleheads who want to listen to their phat beats too loud blow their ears out, while giving them a friendly warning first.

• Marc Aurel says:

I agree. Actually limiting the volume would be way too much hand-holding. There is also the point that the real sound pressure depends greatly on the headphones.

5. angry says:

My 808 wants an update too…

6. Suyog says:

I have X2-02 and there is not update to it called 11.90.
    Latest it has got is 11.79 and even Nokia developer site mentions same.
    Please check it again.

7. ali says:

why i couldn’t update my phone

8. nandy1191 says:

plz update a software which supports whatsappp !!! i neeed it plzzzz.

9. It’s Very Informative. Thanks for Sharing with us

10. prab says:

Whatsapp ne chalda mere ki kara phone x2 02 wa

11. siva says:

please, this model phone don’t support youtube.

12. NILESH PARMAR says:

THERE IS NO UPDATE AVAILABE AFTER V07.48 THATS ALL MY PHONE DISPLAY WHEN I GO TO UPDATE SECTION (C2-02)…