Apps Comparison WP7.5 vs WP8

| October 30, 2012 | 23 Replies

Here’s a quick video Dhruv from FoneArena posted comparing the official Facebook app running on Windows Phone 7.5 against Wp8. The point of this video was to show the differences in Active resume between apps; where in 7.5 tapping the live tile/application in menu would restart the app all over again and cancel any progress, while in WP8 re-entering the app from the tile picks up from where you left off rather than restarting. One other thing I noticed was the massive difference in application loading speed; the Facebook app for 7.5 is amazing, but it’s downfall is the super long loading time (~5 seconds); this seems to have been fixed with WP8 where the app loaded almost instantly.

Source

Category: Applications, Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Windows Phone 8 against Windows Phone 7.5 | Siliconia.Nokia | October 31, 2012
  1. Patata says:

oh another video that shows why people were stupid if they bought one of those dated Lumia’s

• arts says:

hmmm, dont be too hard on yourself. =)

• Rinslowe says:

At the very least you should provide some examples of how the Lumia is “dated”.

Most people here are well informed Nokia fans hence the MNB,

So in order to convince the majority of readers here of your statement, more detailed information is required.

Otherwise, failure on your part.

Cheers mate! ;)

• Doom says:

I can give you several examples , wp 8 was released and these are its great features 1. data transfer right through bluethoot ( my 5300 does this for 5 years ago ) 2 . an application to count data sense data ( my 5300 does this 5 years ago ) 3 . notifications on the lock screen ( my 5300 does this 5 years ago) 4 . children’s corner , is not relevant , if I buy something so expensive , do not leave it in the hands of a child . 5. facebook Comparing this with the 7.5 I thought I was bringing some Interfas different or something , just to bug fixes , everything is the same , how boring . Tell me some great innovation in this release of WP8 ? no hardware level , otherwise a software level . 6. better multitasking , where do I not see it ? multitasking is best in 5800 ( 3 years ago ) . while WP ” innovates ” in things that are years in the market ( Wait a moment , this is not innovation , sorry ) android InnovatesI can give you several examples , wp 8 was released and these are its great features 1. data transfer right through bluethoot ( my 5300 does this for 5 years ago ) 2 . an application to count data sense data ( my 5300 does this 5 years ago ) 3 . notifications on the lock screen ( my 5300 does this 5 years ago) 4 . children’s corner , is not relevant , if I buy something so expensive , do not leave it in the hands of a child . 5. facebook Comparing this with the 7.5 I thought I was bringing some Interfas different or something , just to bug fixes , everything is the same , how boring . Tell me some great innovation in this release of WP8 ? no hardware level , otherwise a software level . 6. better multitasking , where do I not see it ? multitasking is best in 5800 ( 3 years ago ) . while WP ” innovation ” in things that are years in the market ( Wait a moment , this is not innovation , sorry ) android really Innovates

• Rinslowe says:

who are you?

• Rinslowe says:

Wait, I just read the last part of your rant and have to say, bravo! That was truly funny,

Android, hahahaha. I personally can’t stand it, not every day…

It’s all just personal preference anyway mate, nothing more.

And for your information Nokia innovates.

• Bharat Justa says:

Bullsh**!
          I own a S60v5 phone and used it for more than 2 years. Hacked and modded the hell out of it and still it is unable to match the performance of WP 7.5. WP 8 is too much for it!

But, hacking, modding and the ability to do anything with the OS(nearly anything) of Symbian S60v5 is still better than WP. But that doesn’t make it better as most of the people don’t do modding. And WP helped me to concentrate more on my life than on my phone :D

• Doom says:

I did not mean that, but in the “new innovations ” , it is logical that WP is light years better than S60 , is simple logic , what I meant to is that these innovations have WP8 says , are in the market 6 , 7 years ago , and they ( microsoft ) makes it look like a great innovation , and it is not. it’s time to change my L800 , optimus G ‘m in your arms. I feel the poweer already!!

2. SteveBallmer says:

Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,Developers,

3. keist says:

That AMOLED screen is purplish.

4. Viipottaja says:

Interestingly the guy in the unboxing/review videos seems to be saying it relaunches, rather resumes if you hit windows/home key and then tap again in homescreen.. confused.

5. Maybe says:

this video is a good example on how much better Nokia screen is compare to HTC

6. dfghtehrtht says:

This is groundbreaking innovation! There is no other mobile OS on the planet that can do that! Just amazing! This is THE REAL multitasking! I have to buy one! Take my money!

7. wp8 apps top says:

Hi to every body, it’s mу first go to see of this web site; this weblog contains amazing
    and actually good data for readerѕ.

Look into my blog post … wp8 apps top

8. I think this is one of the such a lot important information for
    me. And i’m satisfied reading your article. However should
    commentary on some common things, The web site taste is ideal, the articles is actually excellent
    : D. Excellent task, cheers