Nokia Transport 3.0 For WP8 Released

| November 6, 2012 | 9 Replies

Nokia Transport 3 for Windows Phone 8 wpcentral

WP central are reporting that Nokia Transport has been officially released for WP8 as Version 3.0; bringing with it a slew of new updates and performance enhancements. The most notable of which is the smooth transitions between map applications thanks to the fact that Nokia maps now power all apps in WP8.

Check out there coverage of the update here: http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-transport-3-windows-phone-8

What I’m interested in seeing regarding maps on WP is something similar to Nokia Car mode which is available for both Symbian & Meego, which basically blows u the size of your most common used buttons while driving (music, phone, maps) making everything easier to navigate. At first I thought the image above was a new car mode for WP but it appears to be just a set of very large tiles.

Source

Category: Applications, Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. patata says:

Wonder if that Version will be availible vor wp7 too. Anyway, does it Support to set a different time for the search? That’s something that should be added to the WP version asap, not only to the wp8 version of course.

2. Mutumba says:

All windows phone apps should look like the Xbox app, NOkia music, and the app market.

3. Andrey says:

CAR more on my N8 is one of my favorite features.
    I need it on WP8, that and Gravity, and I am all set.

4. thedead1440 says:

Just one clarification you may want to add:

On Symbian its called Nokia Car Mode but on Harmattan the equivalent is In Car Home Screen by Vesuri; not by Nokia. On Harmattan there is a Car Mode by Nokia but that is with Mirror-link hence costing around $20 whereas In Car Home Screen costs 1 euro.

Thanks!

• Nathan says:

So Nokia never bloody released a non-mirrorlink version in-the-end!?!
      Pricks, I suspected something was up a few mth back, took soooo long for NCM (with mirror-link) to arrive, let alone without it.
      Thanks goodness for Vesuri, that guy’s a God send…
      I still want mirrorlink support so I’ll be buying NCM, but I’ll also buy Vesuri’s ICHS just to support him.
      What’s the bet Harmattan’s NCM costs WAY MORE than Sybmian’s & WP’s (when it’s out) NCM :-(

• thedead1440 says:

Harmattan Nokia Car Mode won’t be released IMO…

I don’t think Vesuri would do something that Nokia officially would do if you see his pattern ;)

• Nathan says:

When I said NCM I mean Nokia Car Mode with Mirrorlink.
          Agreed, wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they never release one without it, thank God for Vesuri.

5. Rinslowe says:

Beam me up Nokia!

6. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it’s truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.
    I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!