Nokia Lumia 920 disassembly/internal photos (BP-4GW 2000mAh battery inside)

| November 7, 2012 | 17 Replies

Here’s a look at the guts of the Nokia Lumia 920. You can even see the big old 2000mAh battery.

We also got a different set of disassembly 920 photos from Aikon171 which can be found here

Source: FCC

Category: Nokia, S60

1. Peter L says:

Pretty standard stuff.

Since the battery weighs 40g, wireless charging coil is very thin component that weighs next to nothing and even the OIS camera module is small and light, where does the weight that so many people bitch about is coming from?

My guess: the huge slab of Gorilla Glass

2. Edgar Mkrtchyan says:

same with all that it should remain the free space inside

3. Bob says:

That Chinese link is a gay site.

4. Harangue says:

Already wondered about this yesterday when I came across these images, but there is a pretty big useless piece of board in the 920, the yellowish part. There is almost no chip residing on it so it probably only serves as some sort of bridgeboard between all the components.

Looking at the 820 (and other phones) they have a more traditional board that is wrapped around the battery etc. there is no big slab of board in there.

5. pezman726 says:

I see it has a Li-Polymer battery…I’ve looked online and haven’t found much about the differences (other than it can be made thinner and shaped differently) between Li-Ion and Li-Polymer.

Anyone know if Li-Polymer will get me better battery life for longer? My current Li-Ion battery only will last me about 8 hours on a full charge barely using the phone!

6. JGrove303 says:

LiPo batteries have better life spans compared to li-ion. Their capacity does not drop as fast as Li-ion. Handle more charge cycles and capacity does fall off with time nearly as bad over time.

You can see that the battery is not shaped in any special way in this 920 and it also won’t lose 1/3 of it’s capacity by just existing over the course of a year.

7. JADWIGA says:

First of all I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing. I have had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Appreciate it!

8. Wow. Fascinating viewpoint. I liked how you covered this issue….
    A couple of issues I dont accept but hello… thats a new viewpoint.
    I am super keen to study your following post. Is it possible to make the next
    one more thorough? Thanks :)

my web-site … luke bryan concert schedule 2014 (lukebryantickets.asiapak.net)