Video: New string tones for the new Lumia

| November 22, 2012 | 10 Replies

Another NokConv piece talks about the new Ringtones for the Nokia Lumia phones. You can listen to them at NokConv or your new Lumia.

BTW, the speakers on the Nokia Lumia 920 sound great; loud and crisp and will do these ringtones justice.

BTW, in another related piece, I might have missed the story where Nokia got an orchestra and recorded the ringtones on a Nokia Lumia 920? I think Marko Aahtisaari mentioned it and I might have briefly seen a post but didn’t get around to it.

Cheers Viipottaja for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Patata says:

Better late than never, right? Thought for a moment that Nokia has published the same post again ;)

2. Andrew_b says:

None of these orchestral ring tones are the Nokia sound and so from a marketing perspective, they are pointless. The Nokia sound is one of Nokia’s most compelling (and under-used) marketing assets. I would have liked to hear new orchestral variations on the Nokia sound instead. These don’t have any meaning.

I’m so happy to see Nokia blasting the Nokia sound at the end of their UK adverts again.

All you guys out there, if it’s not already, set your ringtone to the Nokia sound NOW!

• beefiron says:

Already done. I agree fully with what you’ve said. What I’d really love is a 5110 Nokia tune for my L800. Anyone know where I could get that?

• Viipottaja says:

They are not pointless. Here they are being reported on on various blogs and media sites.

I do agree that they should also have re-recorded a symphony orchestra version of the Nokia Tune. Perhaps they did and did not like the way it turned out or will only release later.

Something you might ask about in the Conversations comments?

• Carbontubby says:

There already is an orchestral version of the Nokia tune, I think I got it free from Nokia Store. There’s also a big-band jazz version, that painful dubstep mix, I’m just looking for a death metal version ;)

3. Hollister says:

So, funny story. I have the Collected Fictions, the blue and black Penguin book, and I read it several times. They gave her an office that was used up until 2007 by a tenured faculty, and since then as been used by 1 years/adjuncts. It bookshelves were full of books that the old professor left behind, and no one has touched since then. Looking through the books, what do I find? A English translation of Labyrinths, with some other stuff thrown in, from 1961.