As mentioned earlier, it features something called “Slam” sharing.
The Nokia Asha 205 sees the debut of a brand new sharing technology from Nokia called ‘Slam’. What is it? Let’s say you take a picture, choose ‘Send’ and then ‘Slam’ from the list. This quickly detects the nearest Bluetooth-enabled device and offers that device the file.
The other person can accept and download the picture instantly, without any need to pair the two devices, as you have to with regular Bluetooth sharing. The owner of the other device doesn’t even need to have a Nokia phone or Slam installed. You can also share using all the normal options like social networks and email.
Nokia Asha 205 (single SIM)*
- System: GSM 850/900/1800/1900,
- Facebook Button
- Nokia Slam, to share content faster and easier
- User Interface: Series 40 Asha
- Dimensions: 113 x 61 x 13mm
- Weight: 94.0g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4-inch 65k colour QVGA landscape QWERTY TFT display
- Camera: VGA
- Memory: Up to 10MB free user memory; up to 32GB micro-SD card
- Connectivity: GPRS/EDGE, 2.0 mm Charger Connector, Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR, 3.5 mm AV connector
- Battery life: impressive 37 days standby / 11 hours talk-time
*The Dual-SIM variant of the Nokia Asha 205 has the same specs, but with a lower standby time – 25 days vs. 37 days.