MS Working on WP Apollo+ for Q1 2013

| November 27, 2012 | 17 Replies

A few sources are discussing the possibility of an update to WP8 (Apollo) to Apollo+, two notable ones below:

TheVerge says there are various fixes, including WiFi and audio and implement new things for WP such as VPN support. It was noted that, (as important as it was to get it right out of the bat) Microsoft ran out of time (Well done MS) on a number of features (such as a rumoured central notification other than homescreen tiles/lockscreen). On the upside, there’s plenty to like about WP8 and it’s super stable for me. I’d rather than than the possibility of a notification centre and something buggy (but then again, who says we shouldn’t have had both?

It’s noted that Apollo+ isn’t going to be a big update like WP7 to WP7.5 perhaps but more of an update to push fixes and features (like the mini updates WP7.5 received to get features such as WiFi tethering).

Apollo+ will also test OTA updates (previously not possible)

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. JGrove303 says:

Well, this sounds promising. OTA male sense, since WP8 (and Lumia 920/820 more so) does everything wirelessly.

Ya, they did run out of time. Hopefully they make adds showing the new features as they come as well

2. Mahesh says:

finally OTA coming to windows phone.. :)

3. incognito says:

Hmmm, I was under the impression that WP supports VPN. Or was it a recession introduced with the WP8 which they now seek to fix?

4. drexter says:

HEY! ASK THEM TO SEPARATE THE RINGTONE VOLUME FROM THE MULTIMEDIA VOLUMES. I DONT KNOW WHERE/WHO TO ASK. MAKE A SETTING ON RINGTONES FOR A CHOICE OF VOLUME LOUDNESS FOR NOTIFICATIONS SOUNDS. YOU GET MY POINT?

5. D Harries says:

I predict people will buy their flagship device, and remain with it for longer, meaning, once we have reached an ideal standard of mobile phone, there will be a fall off in sales. A future monthly contract could include minutes, texts, data allowance, and paid app download quota.

6. Bladerunner says:

Look forward to Apollo+, unfortunately from Lumia 710 to my New Lumia 820 I have lost FM radio, map functions on City lens, and counters app compatibility (I have SIM free handset without data sense).MS must provide separate volume controls for medi and phone. There are so many omissiob from WP 8, it is hard for me not to be a little dissappointed with it. Come on Microsoft lets go!

• migo says:

Yeah, WP needs to stack up well to both Android and iOS given it’s coming in from 3rd place, about the only edge it has at the moment is that whatever hardware you have, it’ll run snappy. Otherwise WP’s advantages (the appearance, largely) are a matter of personal preference, and it’s lagging in some other areas that aren’t personal preference.

Plus, Jelly Bean is an entirely different beast to compete against compared to Gingerbread. On the flip side, iOS 6 is way easier to compete against than any version of iOS before (thanks Mapgate!)

7. nabkawe says:

Even with the freezes I just like my Nokia Lumia 920 :)

8. ! Al comme votre article, j’ai beaucoup appris ici. Il existe des produits de haute qualit vendre, invits visiter!

9. o podran gastar una fortuna en ropas hechas a medida para los negocios y la ropa de sport. La mayor parte del tiempo, los hombres grandes y altos luchaban con unos pantalones, camisas y chaquetas en estilos muy conservadores ninguno de los cuales realmente se ajusten adecuadamente.

10. Contribuir siempre a sus estaciones locales de PBS para asegurar la calidad de entretenimiento y conocimiento .. Como investigador principal, el Dr. Wetherby ha recibido fondos del Departamento de Educacin de EE.UU.

11. Merci pour votre blog, vraiment excitant

12. It is important to purchase your equipment off
    a legitimate supplier who offers a warranty or guarantee.
    One more thing to keep in mind is that when it comes to colorless spray tanning, tanning booths are the
    best option as they can provide a more even tan. Once you know what body skin type you are, you are
    much better equipped to find the right sunless tanning product for you.
    Get a partner – If you are doing the spray tan at home don’t be shy to ask for help.

Exfoliating is very important before getting a fake tan. When someone receives an airbrush tanning in the
    salon, what to expect: a period of time.
    The active component of the spry tan solution is dihydroxyacetone.
    It is an artificial procedure to use ultraviolet light.
    As I have grown older (and bigger) I have come to a conclusion: Fat looks better dark.

This is to ensure you are protected should anything untoward happen in the salon.

Review my webpage :: cheap fake tans