Insane Video Stabilization Test; Lumia 920 Tied to a Jeep on A Desert Safari

| November 28, 2012 | 30 Replies

Lumia 920

The word insane hardly goes far enough to describe the lengths MEAMobileReview went to test out the OIS on the Lumia 920. As you can see in the image above they zip ties it to the front bumper of a Jeep/SUV in the middle of the deserts of Dubai, and went for a little ride; the results are what you see below:

The stabilization is honestly amazing, No jitters or bumps so smooth it looks unreal, I’m honestly lost for words

Check out the full story behind the test over at MEAMobileReview

Source

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Video, Windows Phone

1. qromodynmc says:

Wow,Stability is amazing but I guess there is a problem with colors when light change,Still great :)

2. Keith says:

This is so amazing it’s unreal. Great job, Nokia!

P.S. I wish these guys had done a side by side comparison with iPhone 5 or GS3 to show how insanely better video stabilization is on the 920. But still, this is amazing!

3. jammy says:

Now this called innovation Mr. Apple, not just increasing the size of phone by .5″ or introducing out of this world maps……….
    OIS really works great, Day by day I’m becoming impatient for Lumia 920, don’t know when the hell nokia will launch it in India…….

4. Andre C says:

This is really something. I didn’t expect it to do this good.

P.S. That’s not a jeep, OK. That’s an SUV/off-road vehicle; jeep is a brand.

5. SaDudE says:

I wish they had zip tied a SGS3 or IP5 next to it, that would have been an awesome comparison

6. Keith too says:

Incredible!

7. Noki says:

Guys you should try this some day if you get the chance its alot of fun, Truth be told sand dunes are known to not produce big unsmooth jumps, so not the best terrain to show off the stabilization capabilities of the camera, just check out some GoPro sandunes videos out there.

8. Omid says:

It is not Jeep, Jeep could not handle on this kind of desert.

It is Toyota Land Cruiser, the most innovative car that could handle a desert stability.

It is a great match: Toyota Land Cruiser+ Nokia Lumia 920.

Thanks for sharing.

9. Carbontubby says:

Remind anyone of Rendezvous?

There’s this one video done back in the 1970′s with a camera tied to the front bumper of a Mercedes SL or Ferrari something-or-other, racing through the streets of pre-dawn Paris at insane speeds. They should have had a 920 back then :)

10. rwtertwret says:

This phone with Android would be a dream-phone.