Pino has posted on Nokia Conversations that Nokia City Lens has received a beta update, for the Lumia 710, 800 and 900 (610 does not have a compass). With the update, it brings the ability to “freeze” the viewfinder, display only results in your line of sight (for certain cities), and also pinning individual categories and search results to your homescreen.
Here is a look at what’s new for Nokia City Lens 1.5 Beta:
- Sightline – De-clutter your surroundings. With the new Sightline feature in City Lens, you can narrow your view to just what’s in your direct line of sight, making it easier to spot great places that are right in front of you.
- Freeze view – Browse more naturally. When scanning your surroundings in camera view, you can now freeze your view and study your options without having to keep your phone pointed at the target. Just tap and the screen “freezes,” letting you browse the scene more comfortably.
- Quick info – Get the essentials in camera view. Tap a virtual sign once to view the place’s address overlaid on your display while you keep scanning. Then tap again to share, get directions, or view reviews, photos, and more.
- Pin favorite categories to start – Your most common searches with a tap. City Lens now lets you pin favorite categories to your home screen. Now wherever you are, you can find something you love nearby with just a tap.
- Create Live Tiles – What you want at a glance. With new Live Tile support, you can easily see when your favorite places are nearby. Just pin a favorite search to your home screen and right in the tile you’ll see your closest options without even having to launch the app.
If you have one of the devices mentioned above, and are interested in trying it out, simply hit the Search button on your Lumia, then the eye, to scan this QR-code.
Source: Nokia Conversations