Gallery: Nokia Lumia 820 low light samples

| December 9, 2012 | 14 Replies

Although it’s not PureView, the Nokia Lumia 820 takes some pretty good low light pictures too.

Cheers Amrut Mhatre for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Chris says:

Can’t believe it.

Someone is just… out there, walking around with a Lumia 820. No fair!

• Adeel Mirza says:

Is Lumia 820 a clone of Lumia 900? Both have
      1) Same screen size
      2) Same Camera
      3) Same Resolution

With exception of CPU, RAM and OS

2. Bloob says:

Looks pretty darn good.

3. Carbontubby says:

I would like to see the EXIF data for these files, especially the ISO setting, but these look really good for cameraphone shots. The 820′s camera has a f/2.2 26mm equivalent lens – pretty good low light shots.

4. JGrove303 says:

Pretty good? These are very good. I’d never had thought an Android powered device would pull off shots like these. Androids do ‘pretty good.’ I would had assumed these were the work of the 808 or 920. Great to see the Most Versatile Lumia has got the low light chops. Color me impressed!

5. krishna6233 says:

awesomely great!!!!

6. Amrut Mhatre says:

these are pretty good shot samples pulled off buy the lumia 820…

nokia are doing wonderfull job with lumia series,Happy to own a 1st gen lumia device
    and the recently announced 620 ripped tat gap,it shud be available soon to all countries…

• DesR85 says:

“these are pretty good shot samples pulled off buy the lumia 820…
      wonder they can use the same setup settings for lumia 800 and 900 in the next updates,as they possess same camera hardware,other than kernal,ram,ghz differences…”

I hope so too in the 7.8 update. Seems like they improved in the low-light photography part.

7. Mark says:

I have an 820 and the photo quality is surprisingly good. Light years ahead of my 800.

8. twig says:

Great photos and a beautiful, beautiful city in that link.