Video: Official WP7.8 on the Nokia Lumia 900

| December 28, 2012 | 26 Replies

Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 08.27.28

CJ takes a quick look at WP7.8 on the Nokia Lumia 900.

This is the actual Nokia release version flashed from a Nokia Care Centre.

On the note of the BT sharing app, according to our readers, once installed, it becomes integrated into the sharing options.

by Clinton Jeff of unleashthephones

Cheers CJ for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Jens says:

yesterday a new firmware version was released on navifirm. is it that version?

• Chris W says:

I had heard that if you flash your Lumia with 7.8 you don’t get any of the extra Lumia exclusives, it’s just a standard version. Any idea if that’s the case still?

• Jens says:

What extra lumia features do you mean?
        My ringtone maker app does in fact work and I also have the Bluetooth app installed.
        don’t think there aren’t any other Lumia features at this moment, or do you know some of them? I can check it out for you.

• Chris W says:

It may have been an old story I read but someone said you don’t get things like Nokia Maps, drive, Music etc, you just get what you would get on a standard HTC/Samsung windows phone running 7.8. I looked on NaviFirm last night and found the firmware you mentioned, but I’m not familiar enough with flashing to want to try it.

• Jens says:

I know notice it is the same version as I have. So (looking at navifirm) the one flashed on his Phone by nokia is already outdated, as the new one is 2906.8858.12460

2. Mariano says:

i flashed via nokia care ages ago

3. مصطفى says:

i flash it on my lumia 610..it’s just awesome!

4. migo says:

Not exactly anywhere good to post it, but some enterprising hackers got Windows RT (same kernel as Windows Phone 8, different APIs) working on the HTC HD2.

That makes WP7.8 sting that much more. It would have been possible to bring WP8 to all existing WP devices (except probably the low end Tangos), and MS decided that wasn’t going to happen. And apparently, still no IE10 on WP7.8 either.

5. sonika says:

videos were really amazing and gave a clear picture about features the Nokia has come up with.

6. Kundan says:

Nokia Lumia 900 being one of the first Windows smartphone to possess 4G LTE feature, is a great combination of configuration and appealing design. So, if you want to taste something really exciting and refreshing then try this device. We promise, it won’t disappoint you. However, Windows Phone 8X and various other Lumia phones may also be considered.

7. Zane says:

How much time you devote to it each day will be based on your own desire and amount of time available.
    An Internet marketing company will provide detailed monthly
    reports on the performances of your various campaigns which
    will help you track your business’s performance and improve
    your ROI. Similarly, you can write guest posts on established blogs
    and contribute to other blogs through.

8. He was a house painter a few years ago and began his internet marketing career as an article writer.

Here’s the bottom line – digital marketing is the way to go.
    This might not be a blatant sales pitch, but the reader understands that the author
    also wants to convey the superiority of a certain product.