Nokia Music + : enhanced €3.99 music subscription service

| January 27, 2013 | 15 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-01-27 at 14.55.23In addition to the free Nokia Music service, Nokia will soon roll out Nokia Music+. This is a new €3.99  (prices vary per region) optional service that gives

• Unlimited skips (you can only skip a few and then you have to listen to that track in the free version)
  • Unlimited downloads (you can download on the free one, but limited to 4 playlists)
  • Higher Quality
  • Lyrics
  • Desktop app.

Nokia’s VP for Entertainment said:

“This is for people who care enough about music to pay something for more quality and choice, but don’t want to pay €9.99 monthly.”

Dig into Spotify/XBox Music? I’d like my own playlists though.

paroles-avec-proposition-abonnement-pour-en-voir-plus

http://presse.nokia.fr/2013/01/27/nokia-musique-apporte-de-nouvelles-ameliorations-au-celebre-service-de-musique-mobile-en-streaming-de-nokia/ via @Camb078/@XavierNokia

More screenshots at:

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Ali Abdulla says:

a bit related to topic, does either of Xbox Music or Nokia Music work in Jordan? or any other middle-eastern country(Egypt)?

if it dosent, and i was to change my region to USA/UK(im planning to anywayz, since i would like to unlock most of the store apps, silly rrly :S), ..would that fix it? or is it IP based?

2. Svedu says:

Wonder if they will adopt this strategy into other features also in the future. Starting off with something free of charge initially, to get people to use it. And then make something better that you have to pay for. Navigation/mapping services could maybe get something similar in the future, paying for something better. Just cant imagine what it would be.

• arts says:

micro transactions for maps?

• twig says:

Short video of the places you’re looking at?

• DesR85 says:

HTC did that and many users complained about it and make comparisons with Nokia Drive which is practically free to download every map and navigation voice.

And for those who are unaware of HTC’s GPS app, it’s free when you download a few states/districts, minus the voice turn-by-turn navigation (which have to be paid for) but if you want to download an entire country, you’ll have to pay.

• Rat Kutti says:

This is okay. But don’t do such stuffs for maps my dear Nokia. Charge for other manufacturers wp, but don’t do it ever for a Lumia.

3. Rat Kutti says:

“(prices very per region)” its vary, correct typo bro :)

4. twig says:

I sure would buy it. I hope they announce it along with the Nokia Purity PRO wireless headphones. That would make a great cross merchandising ad.

5. Sefriol says:

They could announce 9,99 price point which would let you make own playlists and do whatever you want.