Windows Phone 7.8 is here! Update Now (How to Video)

| January 30, 2013 | 51 Replies

Nokia have posted a video on their official youtube channel declaring that WP 7.8 is finally here

Windows Phone 7.8 is here! Update your Lumia via Zune and enjoy the great features like new start screen.

Find more information here: http://nokia.ly/14vUUxJ

I’m still waiting on Zune to detect the update for my stormtrooper 900; but get updating guys :)

Zune just informed me of an update,; so it’s through on my Unlocked 900- remember you need to connect to a PC to update.

Edit: From Nokia Conversations blog:

Availability

The Windows Phone 7.8 update is now rolling out for Nokia Lumia smartphones through February. Delivery of the update is operator dependent, meaning you will receive a notification in the coming weeks if you have an unlocked phone or if your operator has approved the update. If you don’t receive the update notification within the next three weeks, please contact your operator for more information.

In the meantime, you can ensure that you don’t miss out on the update, by checking that notifications are enabled on your phone. Go to Settings > Phone Update > “Notify me when new updates are found”.

Tags:

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Video, Windows Phone

1. Matt says:

ffs! I genuinely thought that by having an unlocked/sim-free UK phone that the updates would come to me first, but no…still nothing for my Lumia 800.

2. Ronit says:

For those who updated – What firmware is it and is it any different from the version sitting on Navifirm for months?

• Andrew_b says:

Yeah, will anything be lost for users of the month-old navifirm update if we accept this official update? Or are they one and the same…

• ACI says:

I updated today by pull the cable trick and got about 3 updates, but firmware wasn’t updated, only wp 7.8. :( Firmware had to also be installed, to match navifirm.

3. Lars says:

Nothing for my Lumia 800 here in Finland (strange enough) on DNA subscription. Is it necessary to use Zune? I only have Mac and the Windows Phone app.

4. Filipe Lopes says:

I have a Lumia 800 unlocked and I live in Portugal…still no updates available. I am using the Mac app.

5. Filip swe says:

how do you know if you can update? i have plugged in my lumia, to zune and now what. where do i see if there are updates available?

• AJE says:

My impression is that it should happen automatically. Alternatively, in the ZUNE window select “SETTINGS” (top right) and a menu will appear on the left, including, “UPDATE”. Select that and you may be lucky!!!

• Filip swe says:

thank you, i clicked on update it start to search and it told me “the telephone is updated your curent program version is 7.10 :( damn! patience but this is more exciting than christmas eve

6. arts says:

Wpdang just gained some serious cred for leaking this info.

in other news: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

7. muadhin says:

also my zune till now i get nothing informatio

8. muadhin says:

also my zune till now i get nothing information

9. efekt says:

Unlocked Lumia 900 here with WP7.5, Zune says no update yet… :-(

10. Marco says:

Have a lumia 900 and 800, both bouth in switzerland and both just received the update!! Thank you nokia

11. Martindk says:

Just updated to 7.8 here in Denmark (Telenor) looks good

12. Mihail says:

Lumia 800 – The update is not available in Romania :(

13. Mihail says:

My phone Lumia 800 is on Orange Romania.
    In early December, when there are news that enter wp 7.8 update I know I asked Orange.
    He said they received wp 7.8 and that is in testing samples.
    Today I asked again, what information I have and said they have not released the update and I confirmed once again that it is testing.
    They also told me that that’s what all the mobile phone companies. Check all parameters and then release an update to subscribers.

14. Andreas says:

I tried the update trick and it worked just fine on my unlocked Lumia 800 (Sweden). However, I now have some one second delay after I click a tile before the animation start. i guess I need to do a hard reset.

15. jaime sogamoso says:

Hola,Esta mañana conecte mi Nokia lumia 710 y me notifico la actualización,ahora tengo la.vs. 7.8. Soy de Colombia, saludos

16. Alex says:

Nokia! Thanks so much for not forgetting early WP 7 customers. I just installed 7.8 and it’s great :) Now waiting for my next new Lumia feels so much easier.

Alex from Munich, Germany

17. Sharon says:

I am in Singapore and have just updated my Lumia 800 to WP 7.8. My phone has always been showing no updates. However, after I turned off cellular data and Wifi and then back on, I finally saw the notification that an update is available. Then, I opened Zune and it showed that an update is available. It took 3 updates to finally get 7.8. The final version is 7.10.8858.136. I am going to play around with it now.

• ACI says:

Was firmware of your lumia 800 also been updated? While or after getting 3rd update did you also see Nokia update? My phone was updated to wp 7.8, but firmware still didn’t change.

• Sharon says:

Yes, my firmware version is now 1750.0823.8852.12430, and this is in line with the info shown on http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-asia-pacific/

• ACI says:

So you got your update basically the proper way and not the cable disconnect trick and that is why your firmware was also updated, but mine didn’t. When I found out that firmware version didn’t change, I restored to the previous version through zune and will wait for the proper update notification and see if it flashes the firmware along with the 7.8 WP update. Thanks for your reply!

• Sharon says:

That’s right. I didn’t try the cable disconnect method. Why don’t you try what I did? On your phone, manually turn off both mobile network and Wifi, then turn back on again. It is only after I did this that I see the update available notification. It is not automatic, so to speak. I was just trying my luck, and there it is. :)

• ACI says:

I tried many different ways to do it, but it says “up to date”. By the I don’t have sim card installed, I am using another phone as my main phone right now. The update waves looks like are going by region and I used to get my updates pretty quick. My Lumia 800 unlocked is from Europe/Russia. Will way and see. :)

18. Altaf says:

i got error while updating lumia 800 to 7.10.8373.12
    i tried hard reset but same error
    what should i do ?

19. tk-Tv.Biz says:

Hello to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this blog; this website carries awesome and actually good data for visitors.

20. Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?

I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

21. I all the time used to read post in news papers but now
    as I am a user of web so from now I am using net for articles or reviews,
    thanks to web.

22. Consider your older pet’s reaction before you introduce new pets.
    The Traditional Balinese has medium to long hair (2+
    inches) over its entire body while the modern Balinese has short hair over its
    body and long hair only on its plumy tail. When choosing pet cats, one must consider the breeds’ characteristics
    in addition to its size.

Here is my site horse breeds personality

23. Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with?

I’m going to start my own blog in the near
    future but I’m having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs
    and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

My web-site; healthy Choice Garcinia Supplement

24. Can I just say what a comfort to discover
    somebody who genuinely understands what they’re discussing over the internet.
    You definitely understand how to bring an issue
    to light and make it important. A lot more people really need to look at
    this and understand this side of the story.
    It’s surprising you are not more popular given that
    you most certainly have the gift.

Feel free to visit my web blog :: spiritual healing courses