When we first some glimpses of the new BB10 OS, we saw it had a lot of similarities to Nokia’s revolutionary Swipe UI in the MeeGo-Harmattan OS. BB10 seems to be a collection of different OSes into one, and the Swipe UI homage might find some new fans for the z10.
Previously from Nokia Experts, concentrating on ZDNet, Matthew Miller notes the following similarities.
- Tap/swipe the screen with no button press to turn on and unlock device
- Swipe up from bottom to return to “home”
- Display of applications and folders, one with multitasking tiles that are live, and one with recent comms (BlackBerry Hub)
- Swipe down to reveal upper menu
- Slowly move finger across the screen to see elements behind active one
- Deep multi-service integration.
I think their clock is similar too no (at least it was at the time).
Thanks NSX for the tip!