Voting open in 2012 Engadget Awards! (Vote for the Nokia Lumia 920!)

| February 11, 2013 | 28 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-02-11 at 14.40.53It’s been a while since we’ve had an online poll for Nokia fans to vote on. But here’s the Engadget Awards for 2012.

In the Smartphone category, the Nokia Lumia 920 is nominated. So go vote! The most innovative smartphone for 2012.

Cheers thatsme for the tip!

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. SLAYER says:

you can also vote for the JBL powerup in the Audio gadget category, if you want.

2. Alvester says:

Voted for Lumia 920 :)

3. lumisti says:

Lumia 920 for the win!

4. Narender says:

Voted… Nokia for the Win.
    But, looking at the comments down there,seems no one is voting for the Lumia except a few.. Think it will be the one with least votes :(

5. Souvik says:

vote for lumia 920…ishit and samdung is on top

6. twig says:

Voted Nokia!!!

Is anyone using the Philips Hue lighting with voice control? Perhaps that may be what Nokia means by Home? In Barcelona? Voice controlled Nokia products for home and car?

• Viipottaja says:

Yup, something like that could be, together with a tablet announcement… not that exiting, expect for the tablet part. :)

7. steelicon says:

For the lack of Nokia 808 PureView I voted Samsung Galaxy Note 2

8. J-J says:

Voted.

Couple of days ago MNBs RSS feed stopped working in my Firefox 18.0.2
    Has anyone else noticed this?

Every other feed that I have on my browser is working.

9. Lucian says:

Sorry, not this time. It is not worth it yet.
    Maybe when the EOS Lumia will come up…

10. incognito says:

If we are to be honest, out of all of them probably only the Samsung Galaxy Note II deserves a reward, but with such meh competition that’s not really an achievement. Maybe Nexus 4 instead for lowering the financial bar for decent hardware – since we had a year of ‘more of the same’, at least this deserves mention. Nokia Lumia 920 is not really a contender there – yes, it has some sweet hardware in there (although it’s too big for my taste) but it’s totally let down by the software it runs. Now, given my general dislike of Android, uttermost despise of the WP, and absolutely nothing new offered by Apple (quite the contrary) I can’t bring myself to vote for either option, so this year I leave my vote blank in the Smartphone category.

2012 was actually quite a sad year when it comes to smartphones – no real breakthroughs were made by any of the manufactures. In the old tick-tock paradigm, 2012 was a tock, and not a particularly loud at that.

• Viipottaja says:

Galaxy Note II size is more to your taste? ;)

Even if one does not like the software the 920 runs, I would argue its still among if not the most interesting device on the list, others are quite boring to me, more of the same really. The (subsidized?) price of the Nexus 4 is of course somewhat interesting/disruptive as well.

• incognito says:

If it were up to me, I wouldn’t even consider the Galaxy Note II as a smartphone – more as a ‘phablet’. But it is, arguably, the best overall package of the bunch, and certainly the device you can do most of the imaginable tasks one would do on a smartphone. Too bad it runs Android, sigh…

As for the Lumia 920, I really don’t find it all that interesting. I very much like the screen from it, the rest (including OIS, but I stated before that I’m not all that into photography) is quite meh in my book – nothing new or groundbreaking. Software aside, I’d much rather vote for the Lumia 620 than for the Lumia 920 – the former at least have an attractive price without too much cutting into the core hardware so typical for Nokia’s bean counters.

That’s why I find the Nexus 4 most disruptive – sure, it offers nothing exceptionally new (tho I’d say that it is the best designed Nexus so far) but the price sets it apart from the pack – even ZTE, Huawei and other low-costers would have trouble matching its price for the given quality and hardware.

• Viipottaja says:

Just one question: besides perhaps lacking Micro SD, where do you see Nokia bean counting in the 920?

• incognito says:

I don’t… I’m surprised it’s not as present as we are used to in the Lumia 620, which is why I find it far more interesting device on the hardware level than the Lumia 920. I didn’t expect any bean counting on the Lumia 920, but I expected quite a lot on the 620 given the target price.

11. Merito says:

cognito you dont even know what you wrote…spot writin’ stupid things…. And 920 is winning right now…!

12. Kay says:

It was funny when Xperia Ion is located on Worst gadget of 2012 category,
    HAHAHAHA

13. Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amnd your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had beenn a little
    bit acquainted of tnis your broadcast offered brigut clear concept

14. Angeles says:

great issues altogether, you just received a new reader.
    What would you recommend about your publish that you simply made a few days ago?
    Any certain?