Leakyleak: Closeup of EOS’s Camera Lens

| June 5, 2013 | 167 Replies

BMAipktCIAA6yFsA new contender into the leaking arena “Vizileaks” has just posted an image of a closeup of the Nokia EOS’s camera lens/module. It certainly looks nicer than the previous images we saw, and matches up to them nicely (perhaps a bit too much? Possible Fake?). Either way the image carries the same large round camer sensor with a Xenon flash and  Led/Focus light; plus a mighty large lens.

What do you guys think? It’s not unheard of early prototypes to carry XX Mp instead of the true number (the same happened with the 808).

Twitter

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. carl says:

i like it. gimme now.

2. dss says:

Where is the mechanical ND filter… ? I am hoping its just deactivated in this prototype.

3. Al says:

No speaker in the hump has me worried.

• I don’t think it would be a good idea if they place the speaker/s on within the hump because it’s going to be muted when placed on a leather couch..

• Bassman says:

Why? Tbh I find the speaker in the hump an annoyance. On my N8, it’s very easy to muffle the sound by placing it on a surface, backside down.

• Mapantz says:

lol see .. i have the opposite problem. When i usually listen to music, i’m playing a game at the same time, so when i’m on the 920, i keep covering up the speaker at the bottom (and i keep hitting the back button too grr) I don’t have that problem on my 808.

4. sbw44 says:

Maybe this design was made for some camera accessories?

5. abhishek says:

circles would look cheap i hope it is not the final eos.camera Stripe in lumia 920 looked very classy and something new but circles awww…….

6. stylinred says:

XX mpx… as in 20mpx? or double x’s to keep it secret

• sbw44 says:

Migth 20mpx, remeber the Snapdragon S4 SoC only support up to 20mpx. So if they not using a seperate scalling chip then that would be the limit.

• stylinred says:

yeah plus the other rumors about the first device being 20mpx and the 41 will be a future release

7. sbw44 says:

would be nice to see this and the 808 side by side.

8. SLAYER says:

rotating lens cover?

9. abhishek says:

the pic looks a little bit artificial. Because why some would put it on grass and the take a pic. And from the border of the phone it is blurred it a bit which is confusing. Dont take it seriously just guessing because i just dont like that circle thing.

10. I don’t get it why so many don’t like the round camera hump!

It looks great oh my gosh why so much dislike guys? It looks wayyyyy better than the previous camera humps from Nokia. I love it.

MNB should start a poll to see if the majority LIKEs or DISLIKEs the round camera hump.

• Janne says:

I’m still hoping it might get better final material. Also the black on yellow just wasn’t working, but that I’m sure was just a prototype configuration. Final will hopefully see better finishing touches. I’m sure some changes at least will still come…

11. tim says:

thats defitenely a fake! that doesnt mean it will not look like that but its clear that it is 30 min photoshop just packs the 928 flash a little more words and a round corner shaped from a blach 920 or whatever!

12. Johan says:

Nokia is going in the right direction
    I view the design with affection
    As for the camera housing I have no objection
    It should be sufficient for the lense’s protection.
    OIS will bring it to perfection
    Nokia EOS is giving me an er*****n

13. marcopolo says:

will it blend xD

14. ABC says:

pic.twitter.com/5hVQyjQOoa check this

15. Viipottaja says:

Yeah, no, can’t say I am loving it yet either. More and more think I wish they had kept the 920 “thickness” to make the bump less protruding.. oh well, let’s see what the final looks like.

16. dss says:

It will still be bigger than the 808 overall. The 920 is already bigger.. so adding the HES9 sensor to it won’t help. It will also be heavier than the 808 for sure.

The 920 clocks at 99 cc volume
    The 808 is at 95.5 cc volume

What that means is.. the 920 takes more room in your hand and in your pocket when compared to the 808.

I don’t see how the EOS will be any smaller than the 920

• Symbian was not responsibe for everything says:

808 takes that 17.95mm and that’s pretty thick.

It’s the hump that matters.

• Janne says:

Yep, 808 is a thick phone with a thick hump.

Luckily EOS looks to be a quite cleverly thin phone with a hump that is thinner than on 808.

• dss says:

It will still be bigger and heavier than the 808… niche ?

• Viipottaja says:

Yes, it will very likely be niche, but I would guess will sell more than the 808 did though, thanks to likely wider distribution and more marketing and media attention.

The 925 is 78cc in volume. This looks to about the same as 925 except for the hump. So likely to be about the same or slightly less in volume than the 808 was but with a bigger screen and significantly thinner. Weight is said to be less than the 920 so perhaps somewhere a bit below the 808 weight.

• dss says:

In terms of screen size vs. overall size ratio its way better than the 808..

I doubt that it can be any lighter than the 808 considering that a 1400mAh battery won’t cut it..

• Viipottaja says:

Well at least the rumors say its (much?) lighten than the 920 so that would mean it would have to be at most the same weight as the 808 was.

17. Donovan says:

There’s a second leak of Nokia EOS on the Twitter.

18. Simo says:

These leaks are actually legit. And as I’ve mentioned on Twitter, still slated for a Q4 release.

• dietyyli says:

So what happens in july? (if anything)

• xconomicron says:

are we seriously believing a dude off this blog…where it is troll central?

just how we all believed that other dude on May 14 with graphene?

• Viipottaja says:

IIRC Simo has some track record though.

• xconomicron says:

Well if that is true…then I guess there is no sense in believing there is an EOS 2 slated for Q4 as well…

• Viipottaja says:

yeah, if this is for Q4 would seem unlikely there is another in Q3. however, the other way around could be conceivable – maybe a 1080p variant in Q4. I had heard this one would be out in August so who knows. But Simo may of course be right.

• xconomicron says:

If AT&T is already in testing with this device, then it is fixing to launch. –summer launch. AT&T does not test devices for 4+ months as that would be a waste of time for them.

-Although, we haven’t seen an FCC pass yet on this phone?

I’m still hoping for a summer launch.

• Simo says:

Thanks Viipottaja ;)

Lol I don’t blame anyone for assuming I’m a troll. I’d probably do the same. The source I know isn’t privy to any other info than they tell me. I can’t necessarily ask and get answers, or I would have probably asked every question you guys can think of! They volunteer info when they have it. For whatever it’s worth, this source was right about the timing and carriers for the 920 and variants (you all may remember). Doesn’t mean they’ll be right about this though. Also, it could be that it’s released internationally a few weeks/a month after AT&T gets it.

I’m hoping for a summer launch just as much as you guys. Just passing along some intel I got. Could be wrong.

• Tampere_not_Salo_leaks says:

Yep. I’m still here, but busy enough. So no graphene rumours this time. :) Actually I was making nothing up on may, but we have to wait for a bit longer..

• Viipottaja says:

Really? I too had heard of August(ish) availability. Pity if only in Q4.

Are you aware of one or two EOS models for this year? I have heard of only one, plus the 6incher phablet.

• Simo says:

I have no info on how many EOS models or the phablet bro. Wish I did. It’s possible that AT&T gets EOS in August, rest of the world gets it in September (just me trying to guess possibilities). Source wasn’t clear on what “Q4″ meant exactly.

• xconomicron says:

Q4 release? I don’t believe that.

• Just Visiting says:

A Q4 release makes sense, to me. I mean, if they release this device in July, what will Nokia have to show at Nokia World?

Speaking of Nokia World, I haven’t heard any buzz about it yet; Hope there will be one in 2013.

I kinda like the look of this device, but not entirely sold. If this turns out to be the final product, I will probably forego purchasing it and just hold onto my Lumia 900 a bit longer.

19. dss says:

Its important to note that the loud speaker is no longer inside the hump, like on the 808.. so that would save some room. Also, the capacitors for the xenon and the actual xenon are probably smaller..

I think those are the two main areas from which they shaved off couple of mm .. the module itself is probably identical.

20. Timmo says:

If it doesn’t have a way to output to TV (DLNA not an option) like the 808 pureview with cables, I’m not interested…

21. asasasa says:

XX Megapixels = 20 MP?

anyone?

remember XLI = 41, X = 10, XC = 90.

XX = Hindu Arabic for 20!!!!

22. Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in
    your post is simply cool and i can assume you are an expert
    on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your
    RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.