Adduplex WP statistics for May 2013 – Nokia at 80.2% of all WP devices.

| June 10, 2013 | 29 Replies

NOKIA LUMIA WP WORLD WIDE MAY 2013

Quick heads up on adduplex’s Windows Phone statistics for May 2013.

• Nokia at 80.2% of all WP devices
  • Nokia at 79.8% of all WP8
  • Nokia at 65.9% in the US
  • Nokia at 83% outside US.
  • 49.4% of all devices WP8
  • 822 top device in USA
  • AT&T top at 42% (this is before 928 release. Verizon is said to be continuing WP growth in expense of AT&T and T-Mobile)
  • 800 top in UK
  • 505 top in Mexico
  • 520 top in India
  • 800 top in Poland
  • 920 top in Russia

history

Cheers jiipee for the tip

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Blaž says:

Is not this report for last month, I think it is not the one wich was mentioned in twiter tips on saturday.

2. LaBodilsen says:

No surprise really, as Nokia is the only manufacturer putting out new models at a steady pace. only Huawei seems to show WP any interest, execpt for nokia.

3. Brian says:

• kneel before zod says:

a better lol is you comparing a company with an ecosystem made up of more than 30 companies.nice brainfart

• Brian says:

I already predicted such a crybaby reply, no i am comparing nokia’s situation with WP, so basically i am comparing WP with android, WP is also made by samsung, nokia, htc, lg pulled out, huwaei and other chinese companies,you gonna get yourself over this man, you have to accept ur fav company’s defeat, it’s killing u from inside

• Brian says:

and if u wanna cry over numbers that android has 30 companies and all
        the same argument applies to Nokia, Nokia is flooding the market with Lumias, while HTC has 2 phones, samsung made one got done with it,
        so you are comparing 2 htc phones and one samsung ativ with how many lumia phones?

• BrianT says:

Brian: “Nokia has a marketshare of 80% in WP which is almosr their total smartphone share, and Android has 75% in all of smartphone market lol”

Please stop this idiotic nonsense or use a different name.

You are bringing a fine name into disrepute.

4. chris wayne says:

Wow the 520 just arrived and it’s already the best selling in India??, i’m impressed

5. ADN says:

Fail or fAil or faIl is WP !!!

6. Viipottaja says:

Sorry for the complete off topic but if this anywhere near accurate:

Rewolutionary. :P

• Janne says:

That wasn’t far from reality…

Apple came out with a REALLY weird color-splotch design.

Not a revolutionary functionality change.

• Viipottaja says:

Transparency, frosted glass, snow flakes in the weather app… the 90s are calling! :P

Multitasking and swipe gestures, notifications system seem real improvements, as does the WP stolen lock screen. WebOS like multitasking cards view.

Your move, MS.

• Viipottaja says:

And shadowing, of course. But hey, at least no astro-turf or “leather”.

Ok, some views do look quite pretty (but somewhat safe and uninspired to me, personally).

• Janne says:

I guess it’ll do fine as it is iOS after all, but for those of us afraid they’d reinvent something really new (thus taking away from the unique competitive features/differentation of Nokia’s offerings) I think we’re safe.

The unique, different UX is really important for Nokia’s differentation. There doesn’t seem to be anything really radical gestures-wise or homescreen or “hubs”-wise in iOS 7… (iOS 7 looks quite Jolla-esque, btw, looks-wise.)

• Viipottaja says:

yup, overall a feeling of catch up and nice refresh, nothing radical. and that’s all Apple needs. we’ll see how the stock reacts though.

Looks to me that iRadio will be the headline of the announcement and the reporting on it. Only in the US though at the beginning.

Mac Pro seemed to get juices flowing in the audience too.

• BrianT says:

Vipottaja: Your move, MS.

Apple and MS have cross-licensing agreements which means there will be no suing.

7. Janne says:

Lumia seems to be making mediocre progress. Looking at the AdDuplex teasers elsewhere the el-cheapos of WP8 Lumia generation are selling much faster than the WP7 cheap models of last year – although 505 in Mexico has done surprisingly well too.

8. Ajit says:

Nokia is dancing in a “Sinking Ship”.

9. BellGo says:

Seems pretty much correct. Nokia is the only thing keeping WP alive.

10. May I simply just say what a comfort to discover a person that truly
    understands what they are talking about on the net.
    You certainly understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.

A lot more people really need to look at this and understand this side of your story.
    I was surprised you’re not more popular since you certainly have the gift.

11. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your site.

Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog
    visitors have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.
    Do you have any tips to help fix this problem?

12. Hi just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different
    web browsers and both show the same outcome.