Videos: Nokia Flagship Store, Helsinki Finland (Filmed on Nokia Lumia 925/920)

| August 9, 2013 | 13 Replies
MNB WP_20130726_005nokia flagship store helsinki

Jason, Olli, Néa, Me, Hans-Petteri and CJ

Here’s a couple of videos touring the Nokia Flagship Store in Helsinki. On our way back from Suomenlinna, I thought I’d pop in to the Nokia Flagship Store in Helsinki for a bit of reminiscing and filming since we did that last year.

It was quite late, maybe around 6pm?

The first video is with the Nokia Lumia 920, freehand. I planned to do it entirely on the 925 but the memory ran out (so much filming the during the day).

I was still carrying my heavy camera bag and the stabiliser even though it wasn’t in use. Thanks to Néa Rajakoski for being on camera and giving a tour of the store.

Here’s the video with the 925. This is the one we actually recorded first. You can see a bunch more samples of additional stabilisation via an accessory when we filmed Nokia House. Most recently was today’s post with a cinematic movie and some freehand/stabilised mix.

Some things are easier and look better/steadier handheld (the inbuilt OIS) but some benefit from additional stabilising. Moving around from one point is better when handheld. Standing still also. Running, walking around in an arc, up stairs, more exaggerated motions require additional stabilising (even those with more professional equipment such as those filming with DSLRs would recommend as such)

MNB WP_20130726_008nokia flagship store helsinki MNB WP_20130726_009nokia flagship store helsinki

MNB WP_20130726_012nokia flagship store helsinki

This wasn’t staged. Néa wanted the group photo shot from the 920 (first pic) so we tapped and sent to her. Olli also wanted a copy :)

MNB IMG_1788nokia flagship store helsinki

Fresh faces at Nokia, Olli, Hans-Petteri and Néa

MNB WP_20130727_028nokia flagship store helsinki

The above pic was the following morning, CJ, Jason and I were taking some pictures and I noticed Risto Lahi at the store front! We met him last at the 925 launch in London but the first time you guys saw him was when we first did a tour last year of the flagship store with the 808 PureView. It’s a shame we didn’t get to do it this time with the 1020 as they didn’t have any available for us to use. Hah in Finland, go figure (the public didn’t even have 925s yet!)

MNB WP_20130727_031nokia flagship store helsinki

Category: Nokia

1. APH says:

I walked past the store when you recorded these! :D

2. stylinred says:

Nea, heya!

3. igorbear says:

take me to the candy shop

4. Edgar Mkrtchyan says:

very nice store !

5. hengn says:

I’m pretty sure it’s Hans-Petteri, not Perreri.

Petteri is a Finnish name :)

6. edi_opteron says:

:( I want one of those Nokia T-shirts… Dahh third world issues…

7. twig says:

I like those headphone stands in wood, very nice and of course the prize of all prizes….the Nokia T shirts. Next Nokia phablet I buy should come with one of those via a coupon.

8. Andy says:

Yes, The Nokia t-shirt is sooo nice. I want one in Yellow. :)

9. Andy says:

And in the last photo, if you notice the guy with yellow lumia, he is wearing a yellow belt. Is that too a Nokia accessory? :)

Because the color matches so well with his phone.

10. Janne says:

Nokia’s release schedule in Finland is pretty abysmal, Finland has become a third-world country for Nokia – although actual third-world countries usually get the products before Finland. One reason, of course, is that earlier high-end products used to be manufactured here so that was one reason to leave some stock here too.

Asha 501, not released here. Lumia 520 came very late, like last month late, 925 is nowhere to be seen in retail and 1020 – are you kidding? Elop was actually asked this at the AGM. He deflected it with the usual banter about key markets and big operator exclusives and signalling value…

I think the real reason – aside from the fact that Finland just isn’t that important numbers-wise – is that Nokia can get away with less in Finland. Lumia 920 still sells here, probably, pretty well so that’s why we are still waiting for the 925. Lumia 520 came late because it wasn’t needed in the spring, Lumia 720 and others were selling well enough – only with the ever-important back to school looming did the 520 come. And Asha 501 isn’t sold here because Lumia sells here well enough.

I give Elop and the gang credit where it is due. But this is one area were Nokia has clearly gone worse – their Finnish product launches. It really is bordering a bad joke, considering this is still the home of Nokia where most R&D and management is done.

At least we have the last Nokia flagship store on the planet. :) I guess that counts for something. Jay can go there for photo-ops and Nokia PR can do their cheesy PR stunts in those bright lights.

Too bad we can’t go in there and buy some actual topical products.

• Janne says:

Think of the irony: The only Nokia flagship store on the planet…

…doesn’t actually sell Nokia’s flagship products.

11. And, key chains can be given away to just anyone, whether a high-end business executive or a student.
    Troops were regularly stationed at Fort Mott from 1897
    to 1922. This monument memorializes the nearly 2,500 Confederate soldiers
    that died while confined on Pea Patch Island.

Also visit my weblog: ghosts season Pass free Ps4