Gizmodo puts Nokia Lumia 1020 on Favourites list as Best Smartphone Camera

| August 12, 2013 | 9 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 07.40.38Not content with the initial compliments for the Nokia Lumia 1020, Gizmodo have put the 1020 in their list of favourite gadgets as the Best Smartphone Camera stating (as per original review)

The Nokia 1020 represents something fairly remarkable: the nearly flawless melding of a smartphone and a camera. The assumption up until now was that while such a mash-up wasn’t strictly impossible, it would surely require a laundry list of unpleasant compromises. Instead, what we’ve got is an entirely new kind of gadget. One that, most remarkably of all, works as advertised.

Interestingly, previous to this list was the Nokia Lumia 920, where OIS helped so much in making sure pretty much all photos in Auto came out wonderfully (PocketNow’s Michael Fischer thought so too).

Via (Nokia Facebook)

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Janne says:

It is really great to see a Nokia device receiving this much praise in the blogosphere after the years of beating Symbian devices to pulp and the initial reservations about WP8 Lumias, Nokia’s product greatness is once again showing and shipping (in select markets…) after the wilderness years.

2. jassp87 says:

off the topic guys. i just updated my lumia 920 with the amber update, and searched for the nokia pro cam and found it. BUT it says that my device needs update? what?!! am i still running on GDR1 with the amber update?

• Janne says:

As far as I know, the only way to run Nokia Pro Cam on Lumia 920 at this time is to “spoof” as Lumia 1020 for the store. I think there are instructions for this on some WP fan sites.

I don’t think Amber is enough yet to just grab it straight from the store as I guess the Pro Cam app still needs to be updated to officially support the 92x range. Same goes for 925, need to spoof or wait for the official Pro Cam release.

3. kopi22 says:

Best Smart Phone Camera…. Hmm…. camera, instead of best smart phone?

• Jay Montano says:

There wasn’t a best ‘smartphone’ on it’s own but for what its worth they think the 1020 is a great smartphone, that’s why they were so pleased that the camera was awesome but there weren’t compromises as a phone. It was one harmonious unit.

• kopi22 says:

Understand. But usually the category will be something like “Best smartphone of the year”, etc. But from this title, it seems like they are looking more on the camera than the phone as a whole itself. :)

• iluvn says:

That’s how Nokia is positioning it (Camera first, smartphone second). There’s nobody comes close on that category.

4. manu says:

correction best beta testing os cameraphone