Nokia CR-200 Wireless Car Charger Unboxing

| August 27, 2013 | 10 Replies

DSC03392

The CR-200 wireless car charger is one of the most useful accessories you can get for your Lumia in my opinion, for me it’s more of a necessity than a luxury. I finally got around to ordering one last week so here’re some quick thoughts and an unboxing.

DSC03394

The cradle slides open by pressing the “button” near the top, then you simply squeeze it shut onto your phone to get a snug fit.

DSC03393

The cradle rotates on the axis of the base without any locking mechanism (but there is some notable friction resistance, so no need to worry about it slipping free), the suction cup on the bottom however is engaged by the lever that has the Nokia logo written on it. DSC03394

I wasn’t able to get the car mode to work yet, but I assume it requires the cradle to be plugged into a power source for some reason? I assumed NFC tags were passive so I don’t know why it didn’t work.DSC03391 DSC03414DSC03409

Compared against the Dt-900 charging plateDSC03400 DSC03398 DSC03397 DSC03401 DSC03411 DSC03413

Tags: , ,

Category: Accessories, Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Ellen says:

Price seems a bit high for a car charger. Looking forward to the full review.

• Aliqudsi says:

Thanks Ellen, it is a bit pricey, but the DT-900 with the fatboy pillow was also close to $80 when it came out, now it’s significantly cheaper. But a regular good car mount is around $30 from what I gather so given the NFC interactivity and wireless charging coils I see the reason for the price (i got mine for close to $75 I think).

2. tag12895 says:

Ali, is the camera of the 920 covered by the back of the charger. Would love to use it as a driving camera mount.

3. gibbes says:

I hope you’ll get more satisfied with this product. I’m not. For 2 reasons.

The charging power is too weak (750 mAh), therefore when running Here Drive+ my Lumia 920 drains power faster than it gets charged.

furthermore, my 920 gets really hot during (wireless) charging (with CR-200), therefore the charging stops for a while during navigation, this drains the battery even faster.

So this charger can not be used to charge a phone during navigation which seems ridiculous.

4. CHOE Tech says:

CHOE Provides wireless charging for all qi-compliance mobile phones….

5. lango says:

Can anyone help me. Is it possible to have an USB cable instead of the car charger? I still have something in my car socket with a usable USB port.

6. coach 鞄 アウトレット コーチ アウトレット メンズ http://www.chngift.com/