Leaked: Lumia 929 for Verizon; 20 Mp Camera, 1080p 5″ Display and Snapdragon 800

| November 4, 2013 | 21 Replies

Verizon_Lumia_929_display_cleaned

WPC have gotten their hands on some high res pictures of Verizon’s upcoming Lumia, the 929. Similar to the 928 it seems Nokia can’t keep this one under wraps, as it has now been fully leaked from all angles, plus a detailed list of specs. The 929 is essentially the 1520 in a 5″ body, it has the same 1080p display, the same processor and multiple high quality mics, however it is missing the Micro SD card.

• Qualcomm Quad-core Snapdragon 800 at 2.2 GHz
  • 5 inch AMOLED display, 1080 x 1920
  • 2 GB of RAM; 32 GB of internal storage (no micro SD)
  • 20 MP PureView rear camera with oversampling (16 MP + 5 MP photos); Front facing camera
  • Dual LED flash
  • NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • Qi wireless charging
  • At least three HAAC microphones
  • Data Sense, NFL Mobile, Verizon Tones, VZ Navigator, My Verizon Mobile, Nokia StoryTeller, Nokia Screen Beamer
  • Available colors: glossy white or matte black

Apparently the 929 although in plastic, has a metal band around the frame of the phone to give it a sturdier feel. A good move in my opinion, as it already looks more”premium” than the 928 which gives off a “cheap” vibe, possibly due to the high gloss finish on the white version?

As is usual for Verizon, they’ve gone with the safe bland colors, glossy white and matte black.

Check out the rest of the pics below and at the source link:

Verizon_Lumia_929_camera_cleaned Verizon_Lumia_929_close_FF_cleaned Verizon_Lumia_929_front_cleanedVerizon_Lumia_929_rear_bottom_cleaned Verizon_Lumia_929_side_cleaned

Tags:

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Viipottaja says:

Looks pretty good except that the fit between the back and the sides looks a bit off in the pics.

Can’t wait to see more of these 5 inch +20mp pureview variants, including for AT&T! Until then I’ll probably hang on to my 920 with a shattered glass.. :)

2. Jay Montano says:

I’m in two minds about the 928-ish styling. Liking the reduced bezel (looks like a lumia glass bit without the polycarb) though looks a bit bland.

Hope this goes beyond Verizon as I saw many comments requesting a 5″version of the 1520 as that was too big.

I think the 929 name is wrong. The numbers don’t make sense anymore. 1320 other than size….the 929 is ‘better’…no?

• Viipottaja says:

It is virtually guaranteed there will be other 5 in models. Nokia would not start a logistics chain for 5 in screens only for Verizon.

• Viipottaja says:

On the names: I was toying with the idea of the series numbering being based on the screen size. Obviously would require giving the virtual middle finger to the Asian number 4 superstitions. :)

So, 4xx for 4-4.9 inch models, 5xx for 5-5.9 in models etc. At least that way the buyer could immediately relate the number to something relevant (arguably the most relevant single feature spec). :P

• Aliqudsi says:

Pretty sure the reason they’re not calling it the 1523 or anything is that they want to keep the 928 in play, so having the 929 and 928 makes them two options for consumers rather than a new version and an outdated product.

• cad says:

I think, for the normal phones, nokia still uses 5xx-8xx, 9xx for flagship, 10xx for cameraphone, and 11xx-13xx for lowend phablet. 15xx-19xx for highend phablet.

sure, there will be cheaper phablet than 1320 and higher end phablet than 1520.

now, i know where nokia naming system goes

• Keith too says:

“Hope this goes beyond Verizon as I saw many comments requesting a 5″ version of the 1520 as that was too big.”

I fall in that group. I hope they roll this out worldwide while it is still a flagship.

3. Jorge says:

In the last pic, looks like a “Surface” phone.

4. TSE says:

Slick looking phone! really liking that it’s 3 mid-size Live tiles wide.

5. oho says:

Please please Nokia, release a global version of it .. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :’(

6. SLAYER says:

I wonder if we’ll get an updated version of the 1020 before the MS takeover. a 1020 with these specs would be really nice.

7. nabkawe says:

It’s looks a lot like a surface and much like that Edge phone a while back.

8. grazy says:

The width seems close to the 1020, meaning width wise this phone is not alot fatter. Does this mean the 1020 could potentially get the 6 small tile in update 3. I know it was said its not resolution its size of the screen.

9. linkin says:

Cant believe am reading this specs on a WP.this looks marvelously cool

10. Law says:

Wow nice. This is what I wanted from nokia world, I don’t know why they went 6inch phablet. They need a 5inch super thin bezel flagship. And these stats with micro sd card for an international version is all I need :)

• Shane says:

It won’t be as thin as the 1520 given that the screen’s substantially smaller, it’ll be “slightly” thicker.