WP8.1 may be coming in April according to TheVerge who says MS is set to unveil the latest big iteration of the OS at the build developer conference.
- Notification centre, swipe down
- Long swipe down retrieves the notification centre
- Quick swipe down reveals quick settings
- Cortana – enhanced voice controls to create and remind of appointments etc
- Separate volume controls for ringtones/media
- Bing smart search
- VPN for enterprise users.
- Social app extension in people hub
- Nokia has two handsets prepared for this new OS, with
- Goldfinger taking on 3D touch
- Money penny with buttonless screens
Now remember when it was reported that MS had addressed some of these features but had to then retract that? I was wondering, what with MS being all shut up and ship, why they’d let everyone know months in advance and perhaps that retraction was a ‘woops, you’re not allowed to know yet’ which suggests perhaps that, although not mentioned, there’s a chance for the likes of file manager too?
Cheers Alvester and prashant for the tip!
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Windows Phone 8.1 llegará en Abril con numerosas mejoras - Tech-News | December 16, 2013
- Windows Phone 8.1 estará disponible en abril de 2014 | OhMyGeek! | December 17, 2013