The Carphone Warehouse (a.k.a. The Phone House) is “Europe’s largest independent mobile phone retailer, with over 1700 stores”, so it is somewhat, a little bit of an achievement for the 5800 to be the number 1 pay monthly handset, leaving Apple’s iPhone in 2nd and Samsung’s Tocco Ultra in 3rd.
From the blurb:
“Introducing the undisputed king of 2009: The Nokia 5800. This handset really entertains, delivering a great mix of brilliant features. Free fast internet browsing via Wi-Fi, stunning video playback, and a crystal-clear sound are all accessed by an ultra-simple touchscreen menu. My customers agree that this is one of the easiest phones to use.”
…Astonishing! Yes…he is talking about the 5800 (although – it is from the Branch Manager from Hull).
For me, what makes the 5800 great is that it’s extremely good value for money. It started at an ultra low £15 per month, free handset but with features you would have expected to see in Nokia’s high end (and expensive) Nseries line. Perhaps the best touch screen phone for the masses?
From the Carphone Warehouse (The Phone Guide)
About the Author (Author Profile)[Jay]
Sites That Link to this Post
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic the No. 1 contract phone in Europe? | NewGenNews | June 24, 2009
- Nokia 5800 Continues to Rule the Market | Nokia 5800 Blog | June 25, 2009
- Nokia 5800 beats the iPhone | PDA-247 | June 25, 2009
- Nokia 5800 is the Number 1 Pay Monthly phone from Carphone Warehouse | India Cell Phones | June 26, 2009
- Win a Nokia 5800 Every 10 Minutes | Tube5800.com | July 17, 2009
- Engadget asks – How would you change the Nokia N97? « My Nokia Blog | August 15, 2009