I made a comment in a post about N900 photo samples on Friday how my Proporta charger wasn’t working*. I would have loved to have used it last weekend when I was testing the N900 in London, instead I was plug-socket hunting and siphoning electricity whenever I could.
The Proporta owners saw that post [thanks to All About Symbian's Steve Litchfield], informed me that Proporta do offer 2 year warrantly of electrical accesories and long story short they’ve sent over a replacement as well as some extras for reviewing (arrived yesterday).
I’m snowed down with some deadlines at the moment but here’s a “preliminary unboxing” just to show what accessories I’ll be covering soon.
- Turbo Charger 3400mAh – Absolutely essential accessory for mobile users (especially power hungry models like N900 and N97) who travel, holidays, road warriors, site seeing, just long day out and about away from sockets…
- Turbo Charger 1200mAh – business card sized to be even more pocketable
- Cable Tidies – keeps my headphones from being tangles
- Beach Buoy – waterproof pouch for when going to the beach or swimming. Waterproof for up to 5 metres.
- A few extras didn’t anticipate – car USB and world USB chargers.
* It turns out the white charger was working and I just happened to have tested it with 2 defective cables. Initially the cable had worked when charging via pc, then didn’t via charger. Now the cable doesn’t work at all. Conclusion – the fault lies in the cable.
The main charger is absolutely fine (though none of the chargers can charge up N900/N97 using Nokia micro USB cables)