Video: Brain Party – Nokia N900 Brain Training Game from Apple iPhone to Maemo 5 (YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS! -Best N900 game ever??)
One of the reasons it looks really good is because it began life on the iPhone and has now been ported to Maemo (and other reason – we don’t have that (m)any titles at all )
The game interface just looks really attractive – finger friendly, nice animations, simple interface (the music isn’t bad either) as you’d expect from iPhone quality apps.
It runs beautifully on the N900 (super fast, no lags) as I’d expect pretty much most iPhone apps were they ported to N900 (bar maybe multitouch capabilities)
- Brain Party is a brain training type game with absolutely tons of mini games.
- You have a test mode and a practice mode. Before you can go into pactice mode, you have to go through 5 minigame “tests”.
- Games vary from number skills, verbal skills, spatial awareness type games or combination. That probably doesn’t sound appealing but check the video out.
- You’ll come across some classics such as pairs, see twists on familiar games like rock paper scissors, speed reaction type games – quick counting and er…”sheep tapping”…(watch the video!), verbal logic …etc etc.
- The better you perform at each test, the higher your score. You get a total score at the end which is measured by “brain weight” (technically not at all related to cognitive ability between humans, but who cares :p).
- Games you play after a 5 test run are saved in practice mode, so you can enjoy and practice them later.
- Play more tests to get more games out – they’ll be random so may encounter new ones as well as ones you’ve already played.
- The games have varieties of difficulties – though it depends mostly on what type of “thinker” you are – you might find the math ones a breeze but the verbal logic ones harder – or you might be a super genius and find them all easy.
There’s so many mini games I haven’t encountered them all just quite yet.
Interestingly, on Symbian, each of these mini games would probably count as ONE separate app. But now they’re all here.
You can get it from app manager – it’s a simple one click install. No xterm fussing about.
Do come back and tell us your BRAIN SCORE ^_^
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Video: Brain Party – Nokia N900 Brain Training Game from Apple iPhone to Maemo 5 (YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS! -Best N900 game ever??) | April 25, 2010
- N900 - Brain Party | April 25, 2010
- » Brain Party, calcola la tua intelligenza su Nokia N900 » Giochi, In Rilievo, Maemo, News, Software, - MaemoWorld.it | April 26, 2010
- Brain Party Nokia N900 (Video & Download) | | April 27, 2010
- The Mental Power Hour- For Improved Mental Concentration, Focus and Willpower | April 27, 2010
- El mejor juego para el N900; Brain Party | Nokia Latino | May 27, 2010
- Brain Party | NOKIA N900 blog | June 30, 2010