Video: Ultimate Multitasking with Nokia N900 and ShortCutD (Add Multitask/Menu/Phone buttons to your N900) #mustdownloadnow!
The Nokia N900 is arguably the best multitasking phone out there by the sheer number of apps it can juggle simultaneously (for real and not some fake multitasking) and also by that beautiful interface Live grid of applications (not static images or worse, icons – how 2002) that is contextual (windows/grid changes in size depending on number of open apps).
One of the improvements I had always wanted to see in the N900 was a dedicated multitasking button (and other buttons). Single press in any window – BAM. Multitask mode.
An application you might be aware of that fulfils this flawlessly is called CAMKEYD.
- Halfway press of camera key – MULTITASK view.
I can’t think of an app/modification I’ve used more with N900. It makes multitasking so much faster!
You might have also heard of an even better application: ShortCutD!
- Not only does has it got cam key for multitasking but also
- 4 programmable shortcuts – CAM key half press/full press and proximity sensor quick/long press!
- You can set up all the N900 buttons it has been missing – menu, multitask, phone, even browser back button.
- Proximity sensor is very cool (though at times too sensitive to mispress). Just hovering your finger could activate multitask/menu/phone etc. Or you can press it like a capacitive button. Very swish.
- CAMERA button for camera/video mode works when you open the lens cover. This is great as it helps to remember to close the lens cover to keep them clean, smudge/dust free.
- Proximity sensor during phone calls still work to turn the screen off.
If there is one thing on your N900, it has to be this.
You can download it FREE from the App Manager. You may need extras testing/extras devel application catalogues. CLICK Here to find out how to add them on to your N900