Video: Nokia N900 with MeeGo Handset UX

| July 1, 2010 | Reply

Yesterday, MeeGo Handset UX was released, with screenshots, video demo and an image to download for compatible handsets, one being the Nokia N900.

trowerpower35 has uploaded a video of the N900 with MeeGo handset UX. There’ll probably be more videos like this as more folk try out MeeGo on their N900, maybe a little clearer as this guy apologizes for having recorded with a Droid.

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtQsOb6mO0A]

trowerpower35

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: MeeGo, Nokia, Nseries, Video

1. Andre says:

Nice, was just about to write a post before bed :-P

2. inacurate says:

I wish the Universe would make up its mind. Is MeeGo going to work on the N900 or not? LOL

• llaadd says:

someone or some people will make a version for the N900, but it’s not officially going to be released as an “update” by Nokia, rather as something people can install manually if they want to.

• inacurate says:

For all the bitching and moaning the Maemo community has done, I thought it wouldn’t be coming at all, as in not able to be run no matter how it’s sliced.

Seems like they were wrong, if it can be ran on the N900 – officially or not. I figured someone would do it, it’s just a matter of time with these things.

• Andre says:

It can but it will be missing things like the multitouch gestures for example due to hardware limitations

• bazza says:

Read Allaboutmeego.com for their article on the direction of Meego on the N900.

Does anyone know how to install this to N900 without Linux, I only run windows.

3. mrbean says:

would it be possible tp put meego into n8
    coz on forums i see that people succesfully port android on phone that aren’t meant for it.so would it be possible to port meego to n8,the ui looks more professional