Official YouTube App available for Symbian^3

| December 8, 2010 | 19 Replies

Kraistus from Finland has emailed us (tips@mynokiablog.com) with some screenshots of the new Symbian^3 YouTube App!

Want it?

Here are Kraistus’ instructions:

Download instructions:

1. Use the phone’s native(!) WEB-browser, and go to: m.google.com (For example Opera Mobile won’t work, you won’t have the change to select Youtube)
2. You have to choose a language which is supported in the app(!). Choose for example: English(US)
3. Choose the Youtube icon to download the app to your phone
4. Install and enjoy!

I have not tried this yet but Kraistus says it’s better image quality than previous mobile web youtube (though still needs improvement).

Thanks also to Ashkay who also emailed us a link to blog-n8.fr who also had some screenshots.

Player view

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Nokia, Nseries, Symbian, Video

1. mj says:

works nice, needs kenetic scrolling and an option for higher bit rate streams.

2. Stylinred says:

ooo

Now that my N8 is expected to arrive by the end of the week Im going to have to update my list of things to get

thanks for the post

3. Keith says:

I just installed the app. It’s quite better than before but the video quality still needs improvement IMO.

4. Duncan says:

Where is the HQ option? Your can watch HQ videos if you in to YouTube from the symbian web browser.

5. Salmi says:

This version is not designed for the N8. If you open the .sis file with Siscontents, you can see that the target devices are S60v3 FP1 and S60v5 devices… So dont wonder if it lags of good features.

• Kraistus says:

Salmi :

This new version of Youtube(2.4.10)for Symbian is designed to address the known connection issue, when using N,8 in the previous version. So technically this new version is designed for N8. But let’s not split hairs.

Hopefully they bring out all new Youtube app for Symbian(^3) devices, that is capable of streaming HD quality videos. The N8 is definitely up for the task.

• Johnny Tremaine says:

Oh, it may be capable, but I wouldn’t count on Google breaking a sweat on rushing out an HD version out.

After all, they also own the Android platform, so their priorities are to make YouTube look fantastic on large screen Android devices first, iOS second, Blackberry probably third and Symbian last.

6. ThisGuy says:

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! thanks for putting this up. My N8 didnt feel complete without a dedicated (working) youtube app. And it probably wont feel complete until PR 1.1 comes out, but the Youtube app definitely helps.

I also I hope they update this app to get HD videos as well, but wouldnt be surprised if it takes awhile. Im sure it not a high priority initiative for Google to be helping out the competition.

7. tobyw says:

thanks, hated the web version…. looked so rough :/

8. sara says:

how to back to web version ?

9. viva says:

Thank you! Works like a charm on Nokia C6-00 :)

10. leon gabriel says:

my e7 nokia says unable to conect to network when i try to play a youtube vid can ya help me nokia cant help me and telstra wont either

11. manny says:

how can I log in to my account?? I have installed the app on a symbian s3 and can’t log in.

12. ASAD KHAN says:

where is the link to download this app?????????????

13. I have learn a few just right stuff here. Certainly price
    bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you put to make
    any such wonderful informative website.