Have you hard reset your Nokia N8? Did you happen to lose Ovi Store?
Here are instructions as well as a how to video on how to get it back.
Before you start, you’ll need:
1. Nokia Qt Package from wiki.forum.nokia (consist Nokia Qt 4.6 and Nokia Qt 4.7)
2. Nokia Qt SDK
3. USB Cable
“Leo The Lion” from LeoTech89 has produced the following step by step on how to get it done. I’m not sure if it works but the two comments so far in the video seem to indicate that it does.
- Download Nokia Qt Package from wiki.forum.nokia and extract the package. There will be Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 and Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3
- Copy both of the files (Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 and Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3)to your Mass storage Nokia N8 and paste it
- After that, download the Nokia Qt SDK from the link given and installed it to your PC. The installation will take time, so be patient.
- After installation is done, connect your Nokia N8 to your PC. (Make sure the phone is set to Nokia Ovi Suite first)
- Wait till your PC fully detect the phone
- Then go Start > Nokia Qt SDK > Symbian and choose Install QtMobility to Nokia N8 device *This is the most important part
- It will prompt Ovi Suite and will start installing the appropriate application to your phone. Wait till the installation is finished.
- Then go to Tools > Software Update and sellect all the update you think its appropriate.
- After done updating the phone. Unplug the cable from your phone
- Go to File Manager and Install qt.sis and qtwebkit.sis from Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3 folder
- Then install qt_4_7_0_opengl.SIS from Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3
- Open Ovi Sote application, wait till the download links appeared.
- Click download and start installing Ovi Store
- Finally, restart the phone then test whether the Ovi Store is restored back or no
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- How To: Restoring Ovi Store on Nokia N8 (lost after Hard Reset) | My Computer Entertainment | December 10, 2010
- How to: Hard reset your Nokia N8 : My Nokia Blog | February 10, 2011
- Nokiatividade » Blog Archive » Como restaurar o Ovi Store apos um Hard Reset no Nokia N8 | February 10, 2011
- Unable to Install Symbian Anna – Update Failed! | TechyTechy | October 9, 2011