How To: Restoring Ovi Store on Nokia N8 (lost after Hard Reset)

| December 10, 2010 | 95 Replies

Have you hard reset your Nokia N8? Did you happen to lose Ovi Store?

Here are instructions as well as a how to video on how to get it back.

Before you start, you’ll need:

1. Nokia Qt Package from wiki.forum.nokia (consist Nokia Qt 4.6 and Nokia Qt 4.7)
2. Nokia Qt SDK
3. USB Cable

“Leo The Lion” from LeoTech89 has produced the following step by step on how to get it done. I’m not sure if it works but the two comments so far in the video seem to indicate that it does.

1. Download Nokia Qt Package from wiki.forum.nokia and extract the package. There will be Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 and Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3
  2. Copy both of the files (Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 and Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3)to your Mass storage Nokia N8 and paste it
  3. After that, download the Nokia Qt SDK from the link given and installed it to your PC. The installation will take time, so be patient.
  4. After installation is done, connect your Nokia N8 to your PC. (Make sure the phone is set to Nokia Ovi Suite first)
  5. Wait till your PC fully detect the phone
  6. Then go Start > Nokia Qt SDK > Symbian and choose Install QtMobility to Nokia N8 device *This is the most important part
  7. It will prompt Ovi Suite and will start installing the appropriate application to your phone. Wait till the installation is finished.
  8. Then go to Tools > Software Update and sellect all the update you think its appropriate.
  9. After done updating the phone. Unplug the cable from your phone
  10. Go to File Manager and Install qt.sis and qtwebkit.sis from Qt 4.6 for Symbian^3 folder
  11. Then install qt_4_7_0_opengl.SIS from Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3
  12. Open Ovi Sote application, wait till the download links appeared.
  13. Click download and start installing Ovi Store
  14. Finally, restart the phone then test whether the Ovi Store is restored back or no
  15. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xneU4wv1dT8]

Tags: , , ,

Category: Nokia, Nseries, Symbian, Video

1. alty_d_ultimate says:

its simple..
    u just need to backup ur contacts n other imp data from d phone n dial *#7370#. this will restart d fone in factory settings. Then connct to internet via wifi n try software update using FOTA in d fone.Ovi store n maps will be shown as updates.Install the updates. problem solved

2. Henry says:

Jay you rock!!!!!!!!!

3. m adnan says:

hi, i tried the qt sdk , but it stopped at 17% for more than 1 hour. is this the proper way to install. help me…………………

4. m adnan says:

and guide me plz to how much time it will take approx…………….
    thankyou

5. Liaquat says:

Its easy.just change ur internet setings.select wap seting as a default,it worked for me and my friend.enjoy

6. anurobert says:

hai friends unfortunatly i lost my ovi platform from my widget how i get back i hawe no idea plz help me

7. hello!,I like your writing very much! proportion we communicate extra approximately your post on AOL? I need an expert in this area to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Looking forward to see you.

8. robinottawa says:

Hello – I just went through a similar experience and found that although I could not start Store (I had to turn the phone off after it hung), I connected to Suite and simply (re)installed it using the version of Store I found there.

9. subin.kv says:

my ovi store islost after restore plz help me………..

10. shajahan says:

my mobile not open

11. eminem says:

pls my nokiaE63 do not want to install any symbian app, alwys sayin file corrupt. Pls frnds help me i’ve tried al my best, pls

12. pete says:

am having problem with downloading symbian applications with my nokia E63.
    Pls I urgently need solutions

13. Reyes says:

hii.guys……i am from Nigeria……..can i flash my n8 from anna 024.001 back to the previous back?

can someone help me out with it..?

14. Vielen Dank! Wollt іch nur sagen.

my web-site :: aktuelle bauzinsen

15. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just
    your articles? I mean, what you say is important and all.

However think of if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, “pop”!

Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this website could definitely be one of
    the best in its field. Good blog!