Following on from this first post on restoring Ovi Store, if that didn’t work we now have a new technique from XLeoVengences for you to try (at your own risk of course. It would be best to make a trip down to Nokia Care centre – note that a Hard Reset is NOT a user approved action, though we have been using it since forever on Nokia Symbian phones).
This method involves flashing your N8. Video tutorial instructions are included.
Theoretically this is what you would do if you were allowed to flash your N8. Most Care Centres have Phoenix so you could do this on the same day. But that means finding a Nokia Care Centre. (Though as an odd side story, I had to refer N900 flash method to a care centre when Phoenix some how didn’t work for them)
1. Install Phoenix 2010 flasher
2. Extract Navifirm
3. USB Cable
4. Nokia N8
1. Open Navifirm, Select Nokia N8 (RM-596), select 11.12 release, select the variants/product code (in Leo’s case, APAC1 DG SINGAPORE (0599243)), then mark all the file and download it.
To check your Variants/Product Code, open Phoenix, go to Product > Phone Information. Find Product Code
2. When download is finished, copy all the files, paste it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-596\. If you don’t have RM-596 folder, make one.
3. Open Phoenix application, go to File > Scan Product.
4. Then, go to Flashing > Firmware Update
5. Hit the Refurbish button
6. If it prompt a missing file, click Yes to continue
7. Wait till flash process complete. Do not unplug your USB
8. Your phone will restart when flashing is complete, set everything first and connect to the internet.
9. Then go to the browser, tap Ovi bookmark, tap Go to Ovi Store, and then tap Download
10. When download is finished, it will begin the installation. This time, no Error.
11. Finally, Ovi Store is open and ready to be use AGAIN.
Again, do this at your own risk.