We received this email from wordpress.com (automatically generated) to give a highlight of mynokiablog.com during 2010.
Since mynokiablog.com started in 2007 up to the end of 2010, it has been hosted wonderfully by WordPress.com. As you may be aware, we have moved our hosting to take advantage of newer themes, plugins and hopefully raise some dough to pay for hosting/themes/domain/paid plugins and some cool new stuff that we want to give to our readers .
I’m in the middle of packing to get back to Manchester (revise for Jan exams) so I’m trying to do as much as I can to focus on the examinations over the next few weeks. I wanted to give you guys an update just in case you wanted to know what exactly is going on, why certain things keep changing/possibly links breaking/comments disappearing etc.
- You might have noticed that we’re trying a triple column style view for a moment. We’ll see how this works out over the next few days and would welcome any feedback on it as well a other changes. (I kinda like the one column view myself, the triple column doesn’t translate well on mobile due to supercache turning mobile versions off)
- Navigation improved a little. We have a top navigation bar for categories; clicking on any of those brings up every post linked with that category.Unfortunately not all categories got included (whilst some were duplicated over and over -_-). There’s also some of these post categories in the main black navigation bar.
- Not sure if our email address email@example.com has been fixed. It receives emails ok but doesn’t forward to our team.
- However, the comment system is back on our pages at mynokiablog.com/tips.
- We tried DISQUS ever so temporarily but I think it takes AAGES to load and has problems loading in a mobile browser. Well give it another go some time. What we want is a good comment system for the posts that you guys like to discuss. What ever solution that may be, wordprss, disqus, w/e, we’ll use that.
- Recent youtube videos - I dunno how long we’ll keep this there.
- Twitter button to follow @mynokiablog. I still have to update posting to twitter to get the feeds automatically again.
- There’s also additional buttons for the youtube page and faacebook page.
- We have a facebook page thanks to Alan at this ever so akward link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Nokia-Blog/187170317962372 now at http://www.facebook.com/MyNokiaBlog thanks @ClintonJeff<<anyone know how to autopost from wordpress to facebook? Hmm I might give link twitter to it (via a wordpress>>twitter>>facebook chain if possible)
- We have a facebook “like” widget at the right hand side. I’m not sure what use this will be other than facebook users to show they like mynokiablog.com :p. Like an ego thing and right now nobody likes us .
- RSS reader and email subscription has been updated. Not sure if that was the same feeds as before but I think the subscriber count has been wiped back to zero. I much prefer the old email subscription type. hmm…
- To support the site, we hope you won’t mind the placement of adverts. For the last half of 2010 we tried the wp.com ads (normally you’re not allowed ads) and hopefully they weren’t too intrusive. If/when that starts to bear fruit, we’ll do some giveways/competitions and stuff to give something back to you guys. BTW what kind of prizes would be nice? Ha not sure we can reach the stage of buying actual handsets yet – unless Nokia wanna help out and sponsor it :p.
- On the behind the scenes side, MNB crew are back (issue with new odd user names resolved) and we’ll look into some of the things you guys have suggested here in Andre’s post
- Thanks again to our readers and the team
Anyway to the wordpress post. It’s interesting that thanks to the fail of N97 and hard reset, it helped mynokiablog.com gain readers :p. And also the drama a round the N8 camera and Engadget’s bravado to dare imply iPhone 4 was superior with tainted tests.
There are about 1 million books published worldwide per year. This blog was viewed about 3,600,000 times in 2010. That’s about 4 times as much as the total number of books published in 2010
In 2010, you wrote 1153 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 1646 posts.
Your busiest day of the year was October 1st with 23 views. The most popular post that day was Nokia N8 – closer quality to a digital camera than your iPhone 4. Closer to reality colours and higher detail..
Where did they come from?
Some visitors came searching, mostly for nokia x8, nokia n9, n97 hard reset, mynokiablog, and hard reset n97.
Attractions in 2010
These are the posts and pages that got the most views in 2010. You can see all of the year’s most-viewed posts and pages in your Site Stats.
1) Nokia N8 – closer quality to a digital camera than your iPhone 4. Closer to reality colours and higher detail. October 2010
33 comments2) How to: Hard reset your Nokia N97 July 2009
311 comments3) How to hard reset Nokia N900? January 2010
122 comments4) Concept phones: Nokia X8? November 2009
23 comments5) N900 Video: Send & Receive MMS (using fMMS) January 2010
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2010. Your writing has staying power! Consider writing about those topics again.
Anyway, that’s it from wordpress.com. Thanks loads for the service since 07. Hope it works out ok on selfhost.